Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
Companion software 2.0

I just updated the companion software to version 2.0.
But it looks like merge function doesn't work for any existing PDF files on DR. Is there anyone who was successful?
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Works okay with mine. The writing is still somewhat clunky. (I generally use pen4)
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
I did add
[pcapplication]
pcversion=0000
to versions.ini and dr1000.ini

It start updating
But iRexDr1000.exe (10/2/2008 - 3,288KB) shows on title bar as v1.0
inside versions.ini and dr1000.ini shows

[pcapplication]
pcversion=2000

Last edited by keng2000; 12-22-2008 at 09:50 AM.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
vwinstead
Enthusiast
vwinstead began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
V2.0 software update failed - manual workaround

I just tried updating to the new V2.0 of the companion software and…big surprise…it failed. It said that there was an error during file extraction. Here’s the trick to get around it and install it manually:

Go to here to get the newest pcsoftware.zip version:
http://updates.irexnet.com/companion/dr1000/

unzip it to a folder on your desktop or wherever else you want it. connect your DR1000 to your computer and make sure the companion software is closed out if you started it. Copy the contents of the unzipped pcsoftware.zip file to the folder on your DR1000:
D:\System\pc_application
(that’s assuming your DR1000 shows up as the D drive on your system.) Just replace any files that are older versions and you’re set! You don’t have to restart the device, just start up the companion software again by right-clicking on the iRexDR1000 in the windows explorer and selecting “iRexDR1000″. Your companion software starts up and it should say “V2.0″ at the top.
vwinstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I get, SQLlite library is missing when I try and run the software.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Omro,
I've had that & it is a corrupt installation. Remove it, re-download and install.

(It can take a few goes for whatever reason) I have a spare SD card for that situation now as invariably it never seems to download first time.

regards
Old 01-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Omro,
I've had that & it is a corrupt installation. Remove it, re-download and install.

(It can take a few goes for whatever reason) I have a spare SD card for that situation now as invariably it never seems to download first time.

regards
I have and on two different PCs...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
pthwaite
Fanatic

Not good is it.

I assume you've tried downloading just the companion software to the PC rather than through the irex update?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
omro
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Not good is it.

I assume you've tried downloading just the companion software to the PC rather than through the irex update?
I followed the link that's earlier in this post.

I've downloaded it on two pcs and a mac and every time I unzip the files onto a pc and run them I get the sqllite error.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:11 AM   #10
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
Just got my reader today as well, first off I really dislike the lack of a basic piece of paper detailing first run actions, I currently have my device frozen at "goodbye" "in a few seconds, the device will turn off" and I get the "sqllite library is missing" error too.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
vwinstead
Enthusiast
vwinstead began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryE123 View Post
Just got my reader today as well, first off I really dislike the lack of a basic piece of paper detailing first run actions, I currently have my device frozen at "goodbye" "in a few seconds, the device will turn off" and I get the "sqllite library is missing" error too.
Yes, it's pretty annoying having to deal with the early stages of development on an (expensive) product that has been shipped out to the customers for months now. However, there is hope. I have not run into the SQLlite errors, but I bet if you reinstall the SD card software and let the device update the firmware it will work better for you. See some of the links I have provided here:

http://www.getupanddiy.com/projects/...dex.html#Links

Of specific interest when reinstalling the software are these ones:
Card Restore download:
http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...id=27&nav=0,17

How to update your DR1000s
http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...cleid=79&nav=0

Missing companion software:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30320

Hang in there though- when the 1.5 version of the software comes out life SHOULD be easier.
vwinstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
harryE123
Banned

hey vw!

thanks very much for the info, I can appreciate the problems the irex developers are facing, I new what I was buying into, that said, of course I expect more from them too. So many thanks for your great help, I am afraid I have tried most things I could, I definetely give your links a go. Anyway is the companion software that important? What are the functions it entails, right now I just drag an drop files to the device. I hope restoring the sd card won't delete my files and metadata from there.

Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:07 AM   #13
pthwaite
Fanatic

The only real use for the companion software as far as I can see is to merge your writing onto the relevant document. You can do anything else without it.

I'd make a backup of your SD card if you are restoring it as it may well replace the metadata files and they keep the scribble data.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
harryE123
Banned

hey pthwaite, thanks, I all be doing what you suggested.

//Edit:

GREAT! Just got everything working off your second link buddy, the one about the card restore, I then added the updates too, all of that on a brand new sd card at 16 gb that I plan to be my main one, and the companion softw. works just fine too as well.

Last edited by harryE123; 01-26-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
omro
Addict

This is the file I've been unsuccessful at turning into a writepad, does anyone else have issues or just me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	writepad.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	23462  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notepad - 5.pdf (4.1 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by omro; 02-13-2009 at 03:38 PM.