Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
guada_sp
guada_sp doesn't litterguada_sp doesn't litter

Device: none
How do I add apps to my EDGE?

Hello Guys!!
If you don't remember me im from the thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172363

I got my pocket edge from ebay, was complicated, i bought it and It was sent to a friend of mine that lives on the USA and he sent it to me, I had to do that because the seller was only shipping to USA and there were no articles that accepted worldwide shipping.

Another cool thing is that it came with Android 2.2 (the seller was kind enough to update it for me) which is much better than 1.6

I want to know first how to install apps on the edge, do I have to use a market or download it from a webpage?
guada_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by guada_sp View Post
Hello Guys!!
If you don't remember me im from the thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172363

I got my pocket edge from ebay, was complicated, i bought it and It was sent to a friend of mine that lives on the USA and he sent it to me, I had to do that because the seller was only shipping to USA and there were no articles that accepted worldwide shipping.

Another cool thing is that it came with Android 2.2 (the seller was kind enough to update it for me) which is much better than 1.6

I want to know first how to install apps on the edge, do I have to use a market or download it from a webpage?

Some of your best source for Apps include 1Mobile and SlideMe. Download their store App and you will quickly be able to download Apps, most are free. Both 1Mobile and SlideMe accept Paypal.

1Mobile App Store App: http://www.1mobile.com/app/market/?cid=31

SlideMe Store App: http://slideme.org/application/sam

Some websites like Panda App allow you to download Apps directly to the eDGe from a web browser. To initiate the App install, slide the Notification Bar at the top of the screen down and then press the downloaded App to launch the install package.

On the eDGe select Settings --> Applications --> Check Unknown Sources to allow installation of non-Market applications.

Check out the stickies at the top of the forum for links to other great Apps. Good luck.

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-05-2012 at 11:41 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
guada_sp

Thank you so much i just downloaded both and it's exactly what i was Looking for, I'll check the forums for more cool stuff for my edge
Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by guada_sp View Post
Thank you so much i just downloaded both and it's exactly what i was Looking for, I'll check the forums for more cool stuff for my edge
No problem. Have fun exploring and experimenting.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congratulations on getting your eDGe, guada!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
guada_sp

I'll write a review about all the stuff that i do with it, i'm in love with my edge

Last edited by guada_sp; 05-17-2012 at 09:14 AM.