Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #3256
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Sheky: This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:

This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.

If you still have questions, please read this post.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #3257
Sheky
Sheky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Sheky: This:
Sorry.

Last edited by Sheky; 01-04-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Sheky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #3258
rusich_alex
rusich_alex began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
Question

Hi guys,
Can't find the kindle dxg usbNetwork files in attachments.
Please, maybe someone can share them for me?
Thank in advance!

PS
I found required files for dxg in pack for kindle 2

Last edited by rusich_alex; 01-06-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Resolve the issue.
rusich_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #3259
russ1669
russ1669 began at the beginning.

Device: 4.1 Kindle (DO1100)
cannot find kindle-python-0.8.N-k4.rar archive

Hi All. I think I missed something somewhere. I am trying to find the kindle python archive for version 4 kindle with no touch but every time I try and download it I get a PHP file opening in dream weaver.
Where am I going wrong?

Russ
russ1669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #3260
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ1669 View Post
Hi All. I think I missed something somewhere. I am trying to find the kindle python archive for version 4 kindle with no touch but every time I try and download it I get a PHP file opening in dream weaver.
Where am I going wrong?

Russ
Whatever your problem is, it is a local one at your end.

I just checked, and all the links at the bottom of the first post of this thread are working.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 03:51 AM   #3261
russ1669
russ1669 began at the beginning.

Device: 4.1 Kindle (DO1100)
cannot find kindle-python-0.8.N-k4.rar archive

Thanks for the info.
I tried the download again using Chrome and no problem. The book cover now runs as a screensaver. Great, thanks for the informative and detailed site, and obviously the code.

Russ
russ1669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #3262
Google
Җ Ξβ╔╤╗™ Җ
Google began at the beginning.

Device: K3 WiFi [B008]
Has the development stopped on this( K3 WiFi [B008] ) Old kindle version ?
Google is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #3263
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope. Then again, it's pretty much feature-complete, thus the lack of new tagged release.

The rolling snapshots are still coming, though.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:01 AM   #3264
zeev
zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 graphite
Hi,

I have the Kindle 3 WiFi updated to the 3.4 version, and failed to jailbreak. Used the update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3w_install.bin..

What should I do ?

Thanks

Zeev
zeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #3265
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zeev: First, give us way more details on what you did and what happened, and what you mean by 'failed'.

Second, read the instructions again.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #3266
zeev
zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.zeev never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi,

I've tried two different jailbreaks, but the error code was just the same ...
kindle-jailbreak-0.11.N.niluje (102.6k) - error: U007
kindle-jailbreak-0.11.N (106.8k) - error: U007

Is there something to do about ?

Thanks

Zeev
Old 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #3267
zeev

HI NiLuJe,

I've read the insructions and proceeded accordingly ...
Everytime the update fails with the same error U007.

It's Kindle 3 WiFi (keyboard), updated to the firmware version 3.4.

Thanks

Zeev
Old 02-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #3268
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zeev: That vaguely sounds like a semi-jailbroken device. Make sure you don't have any piece old jailbreak left half-installed on the device.

Remove them, reboot the device, and try again.

EDIT: I'm assuming that by 'two different jailbreaks' you meant the release and the snapshot, which actually doesn't really make a difference in this case. That said, I don't recognise one of the filename you mentioned, so do make sure you got your files from here...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #3269
zeev

By the way, I've downloaded this one kindle-jailbreak-0.11.N.niluje from the mobileread forum.
OK, cleaned the stuff (as I could ...).
Copied the update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3w_install.bin file to the Kindle's root.
Rebooted (to be on the safe side) , ... got the following message:
" The update was not successful.
To resume using your Kindle, press the ‘R‘ key on your keyboard.

UPDATE ERROR: 3
"

What did I miss ?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #3270
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zeev: Never restart your device with a custom .bin. Always use the "Update Your Kindle" link in the Settings menu.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet