Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Identifying Topaz/AZW1 files prior to purchase

If I missed discussion on this here, sorry, but I saw this on the Amazon discussion forums and it may be accurate. I've looked at some of the titles mentioned in the AZW1 thread anyway and it seems to hold up.

When looking at the "Product Details" of a book, if it lists "Print Length" but not "File Size", then it may be Topaz/AZW1, whereas if it gives both "Print Length" AND "File Size" then it is probably regular AZW.

Example:

Product Details from Deanna Raybourn's "Silent in the Grave" (AZW)
# Format: Kindle Edition
# File Size: 408 KB
# Print Length: 544 pages
# Publisher: Mira (December 1, 2007)
# Sold by: Amazon Digital Services

Product Details from Leslie Langtry's " 'Scuse me while I kill this guy" (TOPAZ/AZW1)
# Format: Kindle Edition
# Print Length: 325 pages
# Publisher: Leisure (July 31, 2007)
# Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Why don't you just ask for a sample and see it yourself? There are books without samplers, but they mostly published by independent labels and they rarely use Topaz format I think.
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert