Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #421
brucelee
Addict
brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.brucelee is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: PB626 TL3
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
There is another Cool Reader version for InkPad (hopefully for InkPad 2 as well), though:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=256917
It'll work with InkPad 2 because it's not device dependent but firmware dependent. There are separate builds for different firmwares. InkPad 2 should use the pro5 (FW5.*) build.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #422
holysmoer
holysmoer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
I bought new Inkpad 2. I have just a question to other owners: Did you noticed like a lightly dark part in the center/bottom of the reader? It's the second that I change so I think there is some kind of problem in the led. Light is around 30% intense (or bit less).
holysmoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 AM   #423
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
Here how it look like on my inkpad2

http://imgur.com/1dGgDzP
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #424
holysmoer
holysmoer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu View Post
Here how it look like on my inkpad2

http://imgur.com/1dGgDzP
Exactly the same more near to the bottom led there is like lightly dark. Generally I could accept,but if I pay 190 euros for it I want almost the best.
I think I will give back and take Kobo Aura One
holysmoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #425
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

https://papierlos-lesen.de/wp-conten...x-2_inkpad.jpg

http://allesebook.de/wp-content/uplo...ch-inkpads.jpg

http://allesebook.de/wp-content/uplo...2-vergeich.jpg

some more image from reviews
Advert
Old 10-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #426
p38lightning
Connoisseur
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook 840 Inkpad (5.15)
Beta available?

Well November dawns tomorrow and with that, we will (hopefully) see the replacement/update for the 840's 5.11 firmware sometime in the ensuing 30 days.

Has anyone had access to the most recent (final?) beta of what is to come and if so:

1. can you anonymously provide an overall description of it?

2. provide a link to the beta ?

If I recall, prior to the official release of 5.11, a solid beta link appeared.

Thanks in advance for any pertinent info.

Last edited by p38lightning; 10-31-2016 at 11:38 AM.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:06 PM   #427
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 840
Pocketbook are notoriously late with their updates, well at least in my book. Not that I mind too much, because they normally do deliver what they promise. It is hopeful that there is an Inkpad 2 that has similar hardware. I suppose we're in for some extra rounds of firmware updates.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:31 PM   #428
p38lightning
Connoisseur
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

November was the last update I had from them regarding the new firmware which was originally slotted for July.

We will see!
Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #429
ask
ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Firmware 5.15 for Inkpad 840 has been rolling out recently.
I got the update over the air a few days ago, here is the release note:
http://www.lesen.net/forum/attachmen...-pdf/?9a16345a

Overall it's a solid update that helps increase the speed of page turn when reading pdf files (especially with large/heavy pdf files).
I noticed one bug that was introduced with the update though, at least on my device: when long pressing the screen (to get a contextual menu/action), the long press is sometimes recognised as a single/short press. Never had that behaviour before.
I really like the increase of speed with pdf files however - I actually bought the Inkpad for its pdf handling capabilities essentially, which is still an unmatched killer feature two years after this device came to the market.

Last edited by ask; 10-31-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: fixed the wording
ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #430
p38lightning
Connoisseur

Thanks.

Currently d/l it to my unit via WiFi.
Still not showing up on PB website!
Old 11-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #431
trewelu
Enthusiast

From the release note they displayed on the device itself, Inkpad-2 has different release note compared to what linked above. No mention of pdf speed up, but there is mention of power optimisation. There are some similar change, but those are the one that interest me.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #432
mziegler
mziegler began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 840
Problems with firmware update

After the upgrade I cannot get rid of the setup screens.
Whenever I restart the device I have to select the language, wlan and accept the license agreement. Does anybody else have this problem ?
mziegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #433
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 840
The 5.15 firmware is available on the German support site now.
That was quick!

My wife will probably want it the update on her Inkpad, but I'll wait and see if I can search and sort by filename in stead of the title - that's embedded in the epub file.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #434
p38lightning
Connoisseur

Confirming the following issue with 5.15:

"I noticed one bug that was introduced with the update though, at least on my device: when long pressing the screen (to get a contextual menu/action), the long press is sometimes recognized as a single/short press. Never had that behavior before."

Long press on title covers on home page or in library no longer bring up drop down menus.

PS: 11/3...

Sent an email to Pocketbook CS regarding this issue. Will place info here when they reply.

Last edited by p38lightning; 11-03-2016 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #435
wirtold
wirtold began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Confirming the following issue with 5.15:
Long press on title covers on home page or in library no longer bring up drop down menus.
No such problems for me with 5.15.
wirtold is offline   Reply With Quote