Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-21-2016, 08:44 AM   #376
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
As far as I know it's not device dependent. Both devices should use the same app to render PDFs.
Only firmware drivers and stuff like that should be different.
Maybe someone owning an InkPad could test them too.
thank you again .
i am wating till someone who ownes this device could test them ...
Michael.A.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #377
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 840
I own a PB840, but I'm pressed for time. Is it ok for you if I load the pdf and report if it looks like the pictures by BruceLee? I just can't spare the time to take pictures and upload them to Dropbox.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:52 AM   #378
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
I own a PB840, but I'm pressed for time. Is it ok for you if I load the pdf and report if it looks like the pictures by BruceLee? I just can't spare the time to take pictures and upload them to Dropbox.
that would be very great ...
i do not know how to thank you guys ...

Old 07-31-2016, 08:45 AM   #379
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.A.H View Post
that would be very great ...
i do not know how to thank you guys ...

is there anyone else who can test the books with the PB840 for me ?
i would really appreciate that .
Old 08-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #380
wirtold
wirtold began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840
Code:
http://speedy.sh/9m58m/eghtesad.pdf
Everything ok on PB840 5.11. I mean it looks exactly like on brucelee's screenshots

Code:
http://speedy.sh/Afxqf/engineeringeconomybook.pdf
This pdf contains scans, so ereader is not relevant - it is ok.

Code:
http://speedy.sh/K7zF7/alefba1.pdf
This one also looks good.
wirtold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #381
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirtold View Post
Code:
http://speedy.sh/9m58m/eghtesad.pdf
Everything ok on PB840 5.11. I mean it looks exactly like on brucelee's screenshots

Code:
http://speedy.sh/Afxqf/engineeringeconomybook.pdf
This pdf contains scans, so ereader is not relevant - it is ok.

Code:
http://speedy.sh/K7zF7/alefba1.pdf
This one also looks good.
thank you all
but as some shipment difficulties happened , i was not able to get this stunning product , and that is very bad for me ...
maybe i wait until i can buy this product ( or the new version ... ) .
Old 08-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #382
abd11
abd11 began at the beginning.

Device: Ink Pad 840
Dictionary

Hi

Is it still possible to insert dictionaries ?
abd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #383
p38lightning
Connoisseur
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook 840 Inkpad (5.15)
Pocketbook 2 Info

Here is a link to a brief "Goodreader" article regarding the Pocketbook 2 Inkpad. Details are somewhat sketchy and there is no comparison with our original model Inkpad. Also, as of today 8/11, there is still no software update past 5.11 on the Pocketbook site. They are supposedly releasing an update "this summer".

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...s-the-inkpad-2

Update 2 8/20/2016: Just got a follow-up email from Pocketbook and the software update is now scheduled for the end of November.

Update 1: Following is the info kindly furnished to me from Pocketbook. For me and my use at this point, I do not see the need to upgrade to this new unit until my current one develops another cracked screen (I still think that whatever caused that to happen to my first 840 was a fluke) or something internally as serious.

Thank you for your interest in Pocketbook products.

Due to the fact that the Pocketbook Inkpad 2 is sold now only on the German market, the information about the device is presented only on the German home-page:
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de/pro...specifications

However, attached to this letter you will find the specifications for the new reader.
Pocketbook products won`t be sold in the USA.
However, they are already available for order in both Germany and France to be delivered to the USA.

In case of ordering the device in France, please mind that the warranty card will be valid for 24 months across Europe only (the shipping costs will not be covered).

The software update for the current Inkpad is still scheduled for release for the beginning of the autumn.

Thank you for patience.

Have a nice weekend!
Best regards,
Customer Support Team

(Attachment) Release and specs in English:

Another star of InkPad dynasty PocketBook InkPad 2 – the premium E Ink e-reader with 8-inch screen and front light.
From its predecessor, PocketBook InkPad 2 inherited the key features and characteristics that are appreciated by users in 35 countries, and at the same time, the new e-reader received some notable enhancements. Among the key of them – the improved optical properties of the screen, updated design, ergonomic mechanical paging buttons and lightweight housing.

More contrast, more comfort

Like the first PocketBook InkPad, the e-reader is equipped with 8-inch diagonal multi-touch E Ink Perl screen with the highest resolution on the market of E Ink devices – HD Plus (1600x1200 pixels). Due to the new screen construction PocketBook InkPad 2 provides even higher contrast, compared to the predecessor. The "book size" screen of the e-reader is especially convenient to read illustrated business books and educational literature, periodicals and documents.
PocketBook InkPad 2 is irreplaceable at home and in office, for the active self-development and the most comfortable reading.

Reading day and night, at home and office

Another inherent feature of InkPad dynasty is the LED front light. Powerful LEDs evenly spread the light over the screen surface, that ensures the highest comfort for the eyes when reading in any lighting conditions.

Perfect ergonomic and design

Users will appreciate the new design and perfect ergonomics of the device. With the weight of only 305 grams, PocketBook InkPad 2 is lighter than most of the analogues. Convenient mechanical paging buttons are placed on the front side panel. Due to the function of screen orientation changing, the e-reader can be turned so that the panel with buttons is on the left or right side, depending on which hand is more convenient to hold the device with. Soft-touch back panel prevents fingers slipping and gives a pleasant tactile sensations.

Power and capacity

A powerful processor of 1GHz and 512MB RAM provide quick response and stable work of any application. 4GB of internal memory (up to 32 GB) will allow to collect a real pocket library of more than 2000 books. A capacious battery of 2500 mAh provides up to a month of reading without recharging. And finally, PocketBook InkPad 2 supports 18 text and 4 image formats without converting.

And even more

The e-reader gives many additional opportunities. Text-to-speech feature, as well as the support of MP3 format allow to listen to the favorite books and music. The pre-installed ABBYY Lingvo dictionaries will be invaluable when reading foreign literature. Built-in wireless Wi-Fi together with Dropbox, Send-to-PocketBook and PocketBook Sync services will allow to deliver any e-content on the device fast and easy, without having connection to PC.

Display type E Ink Pearl™
Display resolution 1200 × 1600
Display size 8” (20,32 cm)
DPI 250
Color depth 16 (grayscale)
Touch Panel Capacitive (multisensor), Film Touch
Frontlight Yes
Processor 1 GHz
RAM 512 MB
Internal storage* 4 GB
Battery Li-Pol, 2500 mAh (up to 1 month battery life**)
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
USB output Micro-USB
Memory card slot microSD up to 32 GB
Audio jack Yes (3,5mm)
Dimensions 195,5 × 163 × 7,4mm
Weight 305g
Available Colors Mist Grey
Retail set eReader, Micro-USB cable, quick start guide, warranty card
Platform (OS) Linux 3.0
E-book formats
(without conversion) PDF, PDF (DRM), EPUB, EPUB(DRM), DJVU, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, RTF, PRC, TCR, TXT, CHM, HTM, HTML, MOBI, ACSM
Image formats JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF
Audio formats MP3
Text-to-Speech English, German, French
(13 additional languages available for free download on pocketbook-int.com)
ABBYY Lingvo® dictionaries Yes (21 translation direction)
Base dictionaries English - German, Webster's Dictionary 1913*
Online services ReadRate, Dropbox, Send-to-PocketBook, PocketBook Sync
Applications Audio player, Book store, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Chess, Dictionary, Gallery, Klondike, Notes, RSS News, Scribble, Sudoku

Last edited by p38lightning; 08-20-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Additional Info
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:13 AM   #384
datanoise
Enthusiast
datanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavens

Device: PB inkpad, Kobo h2o
Hello.

Being a new inkpad user, i'd like to know it it still makes sense to try the 4.4 firmware, or is 5.11 the current best firmware?

Regarding additional software, I'd like to test CR3 & Koreader, is there anything else that would be worth trying?
What is the current best reader for PDF files?

Thank you very much :-)

Last edited by datanoise; 08-21-2016 at 08:17 AM.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #385
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Hello.

Being a new inkpad user, i'd like to know it it still makes sense to try the 4.4 firmware, or is 5.11 the current best firmware?

Regarding additional software, I'd like to test CR3 & Koreader, is there anything else that would be worth trying?
What is the current best reader for PDF files?

Thank you very much :-)
The 4.4 firmware is unstable.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #386
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 840
@Nate the great,

I'm not sure why you think firmware 4.4 is unstable. I've been using it for a year orso. Must have missed out on the bugs you've seen.

@Datanoise, personally I don't like the 5.x firmware. I'm used to directories and sorting my books by a sequence number. I can't find my books in the right order in 5.x, as I can in 4.x. I use CR3 only, and don't read pdf's on my ereader.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #387
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepie View Post
@Nate the great,

I'm not sure why you think firmware 4.4 is unstable. I've been using it for a year orso. Must have missed out on the bugs you've seen.

@Datanoise, personally I don't like the 5.x firmware. I'm used to directories and sorting my books by a sequence number. I can't find my books in the right order in 5.x, as I can in 4.x. I use CR3 only, and don't read pdf's on my ereader.
It keeps crashing my Inkpad. I have to do a hard reset to get it running again.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #388
datanoise
Enthusiast
datanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavensdatanoise is a rising star in the heavens

Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to try both 5.11 and 4.4 and see how it goes on my device!

Joepie, which version / release of CR3 would you recommend for the 840?
Old 08-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #389
Erich Zann
Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Erich Zann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Nook Glowlight (2012), Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Due to the new screen construction PocketBook InkPad 2 provides even higher contrast, compared to the predecessor.
The new Inkpad2 is reviewed on the german website allesebook.de. There is an interesting screenshot comparing both generation:

http://allesebook.de/wp-content/uplo...d-inkpad-1.jpg

The greyish black ink on the left is—unfortunately—the new Inkpad 2. I don't see better contrast despite of the slightly whiter background.
Erich Zann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #390
datanoise
Enthusiast

You're right, contrast doesn't seem better. Why did they still use a Pearl rather than Carta E-ink screen?