Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
5 dollar iPad1 cases from ATT

get 'em while they last, including the normally 90 dollar Otterboxes.

Also includes free 2 day shipping.

Here's Nate's pointer:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ance-at-att-5/

and a direct link:
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...urer=&q_model=

I got the Otterbox. And then when I saw how overkill it was, went back and got a folio. Otterbox looks good for plane flights and the like, though.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Do they only ship to the U.S.? I tried buying a case, but it looks like they don't ship internationally.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I got two Otterboxes (one for me and one for the wife) and a Speck Plaid as a replacement for my wife's favorite.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

looks like they've raised the prices to 7 or 10 dollars, and are out of otterboxes
Old 05-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
ps249
Banned
ps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheeseps249 can extract oil from cheese

Device: nook, ipad 2, ipod touch
ponzi

why do you want to advertise at$t

dont they rake in enough money from us?
ps249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps249 View Post
ponzi

why do you want to advertise at$t

dont they rake in enough money from us?
I ordered a case. I have to believe that at $10 for a $50 item and FREE 2-3 day shipping, att is losing money on this item. A deal is a deal.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I ordered a case. I have to believe that at $10 for a $50 item and FREE 2-3 day shipping, att is losing money on this item. A deal is a deal.
I am in agreement on this. Considering the Otterbox case is still selling at Target for $90 each and the Speck for $35, my order would normally be over $200. Getting all three for under $12 shipped 2 day Priority, they are not turning a profit. I think they are just trying to make space for the iPad 2 cases and getting rid of them cheaply rather than having case for the 'obsolete' model taking up space.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rule #1 in business- Turn, Turn, Turn...

That means the "turning" of inventory. Better to sell at a loss and use the money to buy new inventory which will sell, and turn, and turn, and turn....
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster

Well, that sucks. I just got an email from AT&T that the Speck case shipped but the Otterboxes are on backorder, which likely means they won't ever ship because if they are clearing out stock, they won't get new stock in to fulfill the order.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
Well, that sucks. I just got an email from AT&T that the Speck case shipped but the Otterboxes are on backorder, which likely means they won't ever ship because if they are clearing out stock, they won't get new stock in to fulfill the order.
Look on the bright side. You got a speck case cheap. I bought the zippered case and I put it in the basket for $5 and by the time I got to the point of entering my credit card it had changed the price to $7. A bummer but still a good deal. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You might not like the teeth.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #11
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I bought my iPad off of eBay and it came with 3 cases and an iPod dock. I was trying to think of what I should do with the stuff I don't use. I should post it on the marketplace like I did that with my extra 505 cover asking just for postage.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
soondai
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by revfish View Post
My otterbox order was in "processing" status until today. Just got cancelled from their end.

The 5 dollar folio is working like a charm, though
Old 05-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
1611mac
eWanderer

Got my Griffin Folio yesterday. I have to say I'm disappointed. I'd say it a $24.95 retail case and NOT a $49.95 case. You can't beat $5 for a case (What I paid, shipped) but unusable is unusable. The little "leather" loops that hold the outside corners don't fit right. One isn't bad.. the other sticks straight up instead of laying down. This causes the cover not to close tight. I wouldn't trust my iPad not to fall out of this thing. So now I'm back to my original Apple cover. Oh well...
Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
soondai
Guru

You should see if you can return or exchange it. Mine works fine, though I completely agree that it is a 20 dollar product, not a 50 dollar one (and 20 is what it goes for on Amazon). I just wanted something I could use when I take it out.

The reviews on Amazon seem to jibe more with my experience than yours, so you may have just gotten a lemon.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
You should see if you can return or exchange it. Mine works fine, though I completely agree that it is a 20 dollar product, not a 50 dollar one (and 20 is what it goes for on Amazon). I just wanted something I could use when I take it out.

The reviews on Amazon seem to jibe more with my experience than yours, so you may have just gotten a lemon.
humm... I'm just out 5 bucks. No big deal. I also have a CaseCrown slip cover which works very well if you just want something to slide your iPad into for travel. But I actually like the "hold" of the ipad better when it's in it's Apple case.