Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Date Modified column

In iTunes, there are preset columns for Date Added and Date Modified.

I would like to have a Date Modified column in calibre that shows the date and time an entry was modified.

Is this possible?

Thank you.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There's already a date published and a date added column in Calibre. However, you can easily add your own custom column through the preferences (unsurprisingly, see the part called "custom columns"). You'll have to manually update the column, though, I believe.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
kakkalla
Zealot

Thanks for that. I was hoping that it would be an automatic thing like in iTunes.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

You could always try to look at the date modified- stamp of the files in the library, the book details pane allows you to easily open the folder.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That wouldn't catch changes to the metadata.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

You're right, the book files wouldn't. However, shouldn't the metadata.opf file be updated simultaneously with the metadata?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think metadata.opf updates happen in a background process, not synchronously.

In any event, i think the OP is asking for a standard metadata field 'Last Modified' that could be displayed in the GUI. This would be an enhancement request.

G
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
That wouldn't catch changes to the metadata.

G
What about looking at the date of the OPF file (the one in the library) that exists on newer versions of C.. ?
Manichian beat me
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
kakkalla
Zealot

I've looked around but there doesn't seem to be any plugin that will allow me to create a column that show the modified date and time like in iTunes.

GRiker, how do I make an enhancement request? And will any one listen to me?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
GRiker

Go to calibre's project management site to create a ticket, mark it as an enhancement request.

Quote:
Will anyone listen to me?
How are we doing so far?

G
Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
kakkalla
Zealot

Thank you.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
Manichean
Wizard

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but you do know that you can create a custom date-type column in the preferences? Also, if you're looking for a plugin, I think you might want to ask in the plugins sticky thread.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #13
kakkalla
Zealot

Yes, I have created a couple of columns. I know how to do that. But from what I understand, I'd have to fill in that column myself. I want the column to update immediately just like the Date Modified column does in iTunes. In iTunes, as soon as you change some tag, the Date Modified column immediately show the date and time that the file was last modified.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
Manichean
Wizard

I see. Never mind me, then.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
CuriousGrrl
Kindle lover/Linux user
CuriousGrrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
It is already, sort of, supported

There is something almost as good available. I wanted this column for myself as well, so I gave it a shot.
I added "Last modified" as a new custom column, of type Date.
When I'm editing the metadata for a book, if I go to the "Custom metadata" tab, I see, under my "Last Modified" field, two buttons one. One of which is "Set 'Last Modified' to today". That's as close as we'll get for now to what we're looking for.

It's not fully automatic, but it's just one more button click.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	294
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	66311  
CuriousGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote