Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #106
sebastianoG
sebastianoG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2

sebastianoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #107
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuocle View Post
Here's how to do your own... I didn't discover this, just re-posting for your convenience:

1. Attach the Kindle to a computer using the USB cord.
2. Using Windows Explorer (or whatever you use to see individual files/folders) , you should see a new drive called Kindle under My Computer. Go to that drive. (Or if you have an SD card in your Kindle, you can go to the SD drive.)
3. Create a new folder called “pictures” and a subfolder called “screensavers” under it. Make sure both folder names are all lowercase.
4. Copy your image files into the screensavers folder. Your pictures should be 600×800 pixels and black & white. I’ve only used .jpg files. [[Note: I've used .png files as well]]
5. After copying is complete & it is safe, remove the Kindle from the USB connection.
6. Go to your Home menu and press alt-z. This will create a new book called “screensavers” . Open it. You’ll see each of your pictures. You can advance through them with the prev. page and next page buttons. [[Note: The new book will appear at the END of your book list]]
7. While viewing your pictures, look at the bottom of the Kindle screen. If you see your battery indicator & Menu prompt, press alt-F to go into Full Screen mode.
8. On each photo, press alt-shift-0 (i.e., alt-shift-zero) . After a brief delay, you’ll get a message that your picture has been exported as screensaver. Click Close on the message.
9. Navigate to each of the pictures you want to use and repeat the above step.
10. When you’ve got all your pictures loaded, test them by going into & out of sleep mode. Alt-aA (i.e., alt-font size button) puts it to sleep & wakes it up again. Each time it sleeps, it should use a different image. If you see the same image all the time, relook at Step 3.

If you want to get rid of your custom screen savers, follow these steps:

1. Attach the Kindle to a computer using the USB cord.
2. Using Windows Explorer (or whatever you use to see individual files/folders) , go to your Kindle drive under My Computer.
3. If you see a folder called system, skip this step. If you don’t see the system folder, click on the Tools menu & then Folder Options. Go to the View tab, and look at the Advanced Settings. Under Hidden Files and Folders, select Show Hidden Files and Folders. Click Apply, then OK. You should now see a system folder.
4. Under the system folder, you’ll see a screen_saver folder. Delete all the files that are in that folder.
5. After you disconnect from the USB, you may see your last custom screensaver one more time, but after that it will revert back to the pre-loaded Kindle screensaver images.
Is this official way ?

I tried it, it's good, but I used this method:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=150

with kindle-2.5-screensaver-hack-0.4

It's more better, and you can delete the original screensaver photos provided with Kindle OS when you use it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindle-2.5-screensaver-hack-0.4.zip (16.7 KB, 635 views)

Last edited by meem; 07-30-2010 at 08:54 AM.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #108
anmend43
anmend43 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hack and works
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...nd_3.x_Kindles
anmend43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #109
a042349
a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
OK, new K3 user here. I can't seem to enter "Alt-Shift-0" on my keyboard. I'm viewing the pictures full screen, but there's no "0" (zero) key on the K3. I've tried the "p" key which is the zero when (with alt) when entering text, but doesn't seem to be working here.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
a042349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #110
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by a042349 View Post
OK, new K3 user here. I can't seem to enter "Alt-Shift-0" on my keyboard. I'm viewing the pictures full screen, but there's no "0" (zero) key on the K3. I've tried the "p" key which is the zero when (with alt) when entering text, but doesn't seem to be working here.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
It seems you're trying to follow directions for the Kindle 1 Screen Saver Hack instead of the hack for Kindle 3.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #111
a042349
a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.a042349 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
It seems you're trying to follow directions for the Kindle 1 Screen Saver Hack instead of the hack for Kindle 3.
Thanks, I figured that out after reading a few more posts. Appreciate the response though...
a042349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #112
kain9662002
kain9662002 began at the beginning.

Device: K1
help

ok i have a kindle 1 and I did everything up to where you press alt shift 0, my kindle doesnt have a 0 button?
kain9662002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #113
hurleydoo94
hurleydoo94 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1
okay, so i followed all ur directions up to number 8, but on my kindle there is no 0 (zero) key, am i still able to do this or am i just being dumb and missing something obvious?
hurleydoo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #114
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Hi Hurley,

what version of Kindle do you have? That list only works for 1. For 2 and 3, please check out this link, for Kindle Touch please check out this thread, for the Kindle 4 no touch, please be patient! The geniuses on this forum (Yifanlu, Geekmaster, etc...) are working on it :-)

Kubizo
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #115
stephenwilks
stephenwilks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-fi 3G
Really appreciate your screensaver changer Kubizo!!! I sort of understand that it is some sort of jailbreak, but I suppose that it doesn't actually act as a jailbreak for any other purposes, does it?
stephenwilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #116
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Hi Stephen, my apologies for the very delayed reply!

Yes, it does jailbreak the Kindle. After you used the Kubizo Screensaver Changer, you can install the font hack, all the hacks you want, without jailbreaking it again.

Bye!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #117
suzidownunder
suzidownunder began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
No matter what I do - I can't see the 'system' folder and so can't make any changes (
suzidownunder is offline   Reply With Quote