Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #106
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, how did I miss this thread? Must be because of my holiday!

Well, congrats all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post

After some random browsing in this thread, I came across this picture. Does nobody notice anything weird on it? (except that red splotch at the south of the map)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbea View Post
Congrats to the winners -- I guess I'll have to get mine the old-fashioned way -- buy it :\
The same here
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #107
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
It's missing South Dakota?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #108
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, some countries have two capital cities!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #109
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, some countries have two capital cities!
Or there are some really small countries with capitals where only the capital can be seen. I particularly like the capital of the Mediterranean sea shown out in the water.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #110
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Actually the red splotch at the southwest of the map is Portugal (the closest European country to the USA).

The blue spots represent the states of Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, the Vatican, and San Marino.

The map also spots Amsterdam (the official capital) and The Hague (the capital de facto) in the Netherlands.

What seams to be the capital of the Mediterranean sea, is actually Valletta, the capital of Malta.

Last edited by ricdiogo; 07-25-2009 at 03:59 PM.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 05:52 AM   #111
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The blue spot for the Vatican should be inside the white spot for Rome.

The white spot for Valletta should be a blue spot (I'm assuming blue spots are for countries smaller that the spot of the capital).

The two white spots in Montenegro (East of Rome and Vatican) are apparently Podgorica (the capital city) and Cetinje (the former royal capital), but I don't know Cetinje has any important political function today, contrary to The Hague in the Netherlands.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #112
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiogo View Post
Actually the red splotch at the southwest of the map is Portugal (the closest European country to the USA).

The blue spots represent the states of Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, the Vatican, and San Marino.

The map also spots Amsterdam (the official capital) and The Hague (the capital de facto) in the Netherlands.

What seams to be the capital of the Mediterranean sea, is actually Valletta, the capital of Malta.
Thank you, I do know my geography of Europe. Except maybe for those "new" countries in Eastern Europe (it was sooooo much easier when I went to school. It looks like we got twice as much countries in Europe now as we had back in the '80's... But, beside the fact that the capital of the Netherlands is only Amsterdam (and I never learned anything to the contrary, except that the the center of government isn't in our capital but in the Hague), I was more thinking about Montenegro (thanks Jelby for pointing out the name, my knowledge of those new Eastern European countries is horrible!). That country is not listed as a country where the center of government isn't in the capital city.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #113
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
And the map is missing Kosovo!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #114
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The only problem with the map is that it has a bunch of squiggly lines on it when, in reality, we know that Mobilita Republica has no such pointless geographical lines of segregation.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote