Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #61
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Are there any particular PD political texts that you are looking for, ProDigit?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #62
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Thanks Patricia, but no thanks

PD=ProDigit!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #63
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Thanks Patricia, but no thanks

PD=ProDigit!
You sure it isn't Poop Deck?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #64
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Personally, I feel that you uploaders frequently enrich my life, because I read books I would´ve never read without you:

- Remembering school days I considered the Bronte sisters to be a quite boring read. Fortunately Patricia proved me wrong now.
- Thanks to HarryT I´ve learned that Dickens is an even better read in English than he´s in German.
- I´ve heard of Goya, but I hadn´t known the Goya Jellby showed me.
- If mtravellerh wasn´t around I would still think that Karl May wrote two or three "cowboy books" for kids and "Eyes wide shut" was a Hollywood creation.

Only to mention a few examples. There are many more....
Thank you, uploaders!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #65
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'm trying to work on my first upload, wish me luck!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
good luck ! but i'm sure you won't need it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #67
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Good on ya! I'm sure it will be well appreciated. Just be sure it doesn't consume you. You've got a lot of stuff on your plate, girl.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #68
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Good on ya! I'm sure it will be well appreciated. Just be sure it doesn't consume you. You've got a lot of stuff on your plate, girl.
It'll help me unwind when I get home from work
Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #69
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Yeah, does it for me.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #70
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What programs are you using?
If you want some advise, we'd love to help you out with some tips!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #71
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What programs are you using?
If you want some advise, we'd love to help you out with some tips!
Nothing yet, just cleaning it up in Word first.

It is taking forever...
Old 01-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #72
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Nothing yet, just cleaning it up in Word first.

It is taking forever...
one of the tools I use most is CTRL+H (replace).
If a word is found eg: "some one" on top of the book, I use 'replace all', to change all those "some one" words into "someone".
that way you save some time correcting a same error over and over again.

When you're lucky you can 'correct' like 100 words in the book (for an author using the same words often). Unlucky,and all the effort gave you only 1 replace.
After a while you get used to it, and know which words are best to replace.

Same goes for manually correcting an OCR-ed text.

After word is finished, save it as html,and import it into Book Designer; or directly convert it with Calibre,or other program.

I noted my book software can not distinguish between titles, and subtitles.
So I prefer doing the formatting myself in BD when possible.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #73
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
one of the tools I use most is CTRL+H (replace).
If a word is found eg: "some one" on top of the book, I use 'replace all', to change all those "some one" words into "someone".
that way you save some time correcting a same error over and over again.

When you're lucky you can 'correct' like 100 words in the book (for an author using the same words often). Unlucky,and all the effort gave you only 1 replace.
After a while you get used to it, and know which words are best to replace.

Same goes for manually correcting an OCR-ed text.

After word is finished, save it as html,and import it into Book Designer; or directly convert it with Calibre,or other program.

I noted my book software can not distinguish between titles, and subtitles.
So I prefer doing the formatting myself in BD when possible.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #74
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Ted use to do a great job as well but seems to not be active any more

=X=
I'm not dead YET. Been real busy. I posted a longer excuse at end of "Who ARE you people?" thread.
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #75
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
I'm not dead YET. Been real busy. I posted a longer excuse at end of "Who ARE you people?" thread.
He lives!

What your actually letting real life interfere with useless random posts here in MobileRead.

Well best of luck with your consulting firm.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote