Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
Mikemk
Mikemk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2011 & KT 2017
Jailbreak on 5.9.2.0.1

Quote:
There is a single, complex, special case for 5.8.9.0.1 firmware version. If you get a Kindle with that firmware version, please just post in this thread before you do anything to it, your device **might** be one of the rare exceptions.
5_x_Jailbreak

I understand this also applies to 5.9.2.0.1? If so, what information is needed, and what are the steps?

I only have access to the device a few days every few weeks, jailbreaking for someone else.

Also, did I use the right prefix for a 2017 Kindle Touch?
Mikemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemk View Post
5_x_Jailbreak

I understand this also applies to 5.9.2.0.1? If so, what information is needed, and what are the steps?

I only have access to the device a few days every few weeks, jailbreaking for someone else.

Also, did I use the right prefix for a 2017 Kindle Touch?
It does not apply to 5.9.2.0.1 -
Places where it says so are wrong.

Including a few of the things I have wrote.
I would like to say it was a typo of 5.8 as 5.9 - but I can't, I just made that mistake in several places.
Most of the other places you will find 5.9.2.0.1 mentioned are where what I wrote confused other people.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
Mikemk
Mikemk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2011 & KT 2017
Oh, I see.
Well, thanks. Is it likely there's an exploit no one's found, or is Amazon good at securing their devices?
Mikemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemk View Post
Oh, I see.
Well, thanks. Is it likely there's an exploit no one's found, or is Amazon good at securing their devices?
They have been getting better at their job.
We try not to give them public lessons on what they are doing well and what they need to improve on.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote