Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
Towerblock
Semi-Noob
Towerblock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3, Nook Color
How to highlight text on 350?

So, it occurred to me that there may be a shortcut that I'm not aware of.

Right now, if I want to highlight something on a page I have to:

1. Press the physical options btn at the bottom right of the 350
2. From the menu that pops up onscreen I then take my finger and select "notes"
3. A submenu pops up, I select create/edit
4. a notes bar appears at the top of the page
5. I have to take my finger and select the first icon to put it into highlighting mode
6. I have to remove the stylus from the side of the Sony OR use my finger to start dragging onscreen (which is not as accurate as the stylus)
7. I then have to click the close "X" in the upper right hand to remove the note menu bar.

This process is very slow...is there a shortcut to just let me highlight a sentence or two?

thanks!
Towerblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
While reading, just use the stylus to double-tap and drag over the part you want to highlight. The dictionary lookup screen should pop up on the button, most likely saying that there's no definition, but that's okay -- there should be a button for highlighting. Tap that and it's done.

Sorry for not being more specific, as I'm relying on my memory here, but I've highlighted on the 350 many times and it's just a two-step process.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Towerblock
Semi-Noob
Towerblock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3, Nook Color
Hi Viviena...thanks. you were correct. I didn't see the icon at the bottom so yes, now highlighting is a two step process!
Towerblock is offline   Reply With Quote