Old 09-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #826
digiflash
Connoisseur
digiflash began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-RP1, DPT-S1, Pocketbook 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
That's alright. You've just gave Sony
permission to collect data not just from the Digital Paper itself but also from any device connected to the Digital Paper.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=288995

Yes, I'm surprised at the amount of discussion on the cover and other accessories instead of focusing on real problems.
One BIG problem is the missing storage-mount function of the S1.
digiflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #827
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YasBean View Post
Which security safeguards did you disable to fix this problem?
I temporarily disabled the Windows firewall and disabled real-time scanning by Windows Defender. This came from troubleshooting advice by Sony for Win7 PC's on their forum. I did things slightly differently, but basically the same. To quote from that post:

(1) Unplugged USB cable from the DPT
(2) Uninstalled the Digital Paper app
(3) Checked if I needed to delete "C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Sony Corporation\Digital Paper App" (was already deleted)
(4) Rebooted
(5) Quit all unnecessary applications (I also killed an AnyConnect related process in the task manager, probably not needed)
(6) unplugged from network to be safe (don't like running without the firewall active, probably paranoid..), disabled firewall, disabled real time scanning for Defender
(7) Installed the Digital Paper app, rebooted
(8) Started the Digital Paper app
(9) Plugged in DPT to USB port directly on the laptop (not in any USB hubs or USB ports on my monitor). This time Digital Paper App successfully detected the DPT, and I was asked to install the certificate
(10) Re-enabled the firewall, re-enabled real time scanning in Defender
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #828
ReaderUser
ReaderUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (Graphite), Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Mind to share the case you're using for the RP1?

Cheers.
I am using:

BOOX MAX Original Protective Bag For Sony DPT-S1 13.3 Inch eBook Reader Holder Sale - Banggood.com

https://www.banggood.com/BOOX-MAX-Or...rmmds=category

It's the case for the DPT-S1. It fits the RP1 reader perfectly, but the pen has to be kind of shoved in the elastic holder, because the new pen is shaped somewhat differently.

In the next few days, I'll be running a battery test. I'm charging it right now, and will see how long I can use it without connecting it to a computer.
ReaderUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #829
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
Thank you!
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:49 AM   #830
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Received my RP-1 friday, and here are my observations:

- The high cost of the tips (they literally are more expensive than gold) are prohibitive to really use this device all the time as a replacement for the good-old-fashioned notepad. I believe the remarkable use universal Wacom tips, which are much more reasonably priced.

Because of this, the device is suitable for annotation only

I use the KuRoKo RP-1 B-cover and so far, I don't really like it.
The main problem with it is that the cover is hard plastic, with some fabric glued on. The haven't bothered to make the sides soft, so you're basically holding a sharp, sandpaper-like, side all the time.

Also, the front cover doesnt stay in place when flipped backwards. I have tried filming what I meant, but unfortunately, I don't have three hands to do it. The issue is annoying though.

Portrait mode with the cover is fine and the travel protection is excellent, so I'll keep on using it. When I'm at home, I prefer to use the device without any cover and that is really the best way to enjoy the device.

I do have some questions:

1) How can i change the annotation color from light-blue to yellow?
2) How can I safely remove the device from the USB port?
3) How can I export a pdf that only contains the pages with annotations?
4) How can I create my own search marks? Not a big fan of the pentagram...

Last edited by Dutchbook; 09-24-2017 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Layout
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #831
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
- The high cost of the tips (they literally are more expensive than gold)
Really? How much does a tip weigh, and what is its price?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #832
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
1) How can i change the annotation color from light-blue to yellow?
You can't. I hope they add that option to the Digital Paper app.

Quote:
2) How can I safely remove the device from the USB port?
I think you just check that the app isn't actively syncing, and unplug.

Quote:
3) How can I export a pdf that only contains the pages with annotations?
Not sure

Quote:
4) How can I create my own search marks?
I don't think you can for now
Old 09-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #833
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Really? How much does a tip weigh, and what is its price?
A bag of 10 tips weighs less than half a gram, and costs €20,49 excl. shipping.

Currently, Half a gram of gold costs €17,76

Quite bizarre when you think about it
Old 09-26-2017, 11:39 AM   #834
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Interesting - thanks .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #835
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
So for anyone interested... and hopefully this doesn't break any rules...

I have been doing some research on the NFC functionality using Felica. I keep my device locked behind a passcode and wanted that NFC unlock functionality using Felica like what is available in Japan. I was able to obtain a blank Felica card from a company called SmartCard Focus over in the UK. The card cost $9.00 USD shipped and took about 2 weeks to get.

I was able to register the card on the device in all of 5 seconds and it works beautifully to unlock. It looks like they also offer a 50mm NFC tag as well. Seems like it should work too.

I provided a link to the card in question (again, hopefully not breaking the rules). Let me know if anyone has any questions.

http://www.smartcardfocus.us/shop/il.../p/index.shtml
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #836
JoeS
Enthusiast

Just got a notification that B&H has the cover back in stock, price $60:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...1_digital.html
Old 10-04-2017, 07:53 PM   #837
Dutchbook
Zealot

Does anybody know a way to print from my phone to the RP-1?

By the way, I just found out the pen magnet notch is ambidextrous, pretty nifty for us left-handed folk
Old 10-05-2017, 12:06 AM   #838
YasBean
Enthusiast
YasBean doesn't litterYasBean doesn't litter

Device: Sony RP1
At present, the only way to print from a cell phone is to sync a cloud drive to your computer and RP1: save to Dropbox/Google Drive/Box/One Drive, your computer syncs, then your RP1 syncs to your computer. The only problem is, as with everything RP1, it goes through the computer and DPA.
YasBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:43 AM   #839
wmcl
wmcl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Icarus Illumina, Sony DPT-RP1, iPad mini
Quote:
Does anybody know a way to print from my phone to the RP-1?

By the way, I just found out the pen magnet notch is ambidextrous, pretty nifty for us left-handed folk
I found a kind of cool solution after reading an article in gizmodo or techcrunch - If you have a windows 10 computer, there is a piece of software called oprint. Once you install it on your computer, your iphone/ipad can recognize any printer connected to your computer (including the RP1). I'm a little sketched out by software from relatively unknown companies, but it works really well. You do have to be close to your computer, but it lets me be lazy and look up things on my ipad from the couch rather than my desktop.

edit - hopefully it's not breaking the rules to mention a piece of software by name, i'm sure there are others like it

Last edited by wmcl; 10-05-2017 at 09:46 AM.
wmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #840
Dutchbook
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcl View Post
I found a kind of cool solution after reading an article in gizmodo or techcrunch - If you have a windows 10 computer, there is a piece of software called oprint. Once you install it on your computer, your iphone/ipad can recognize any printer connected to your computer (including the RP1). I'm a little sketched out by software from relatively unknown companies, but it works really well. You do have to be close to your computer, but it lets me be lazy and look up things on my ipad from the couch rather than my desktop.

edit - hopefully it's not breaking the rules to mention a piece of software by name, i'm sure there are others like it
Thank you so much! I've been looking for ages for a program like that!

And it's reasonably priced too

By the way, you can pretty much mention and link anything you want on this forum. As long as it's family-friendly and not against the law.