Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Heads up for those looking for a subscription music service. There are two promos currently available. Both services have apps in the appstore.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Heads up for those looking for a subscription music service. There are two promos currently available. Both services have apps in the appstore.

I got both now to play with.

If you do Swagbucks you can get back 150SB on the Rhapsody Promo if you do this offer from their homepage. Aw well. It isn't the first time I jumped ahead.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-23-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #33
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Got home to a box sitting on the doorstep. Updated to 8.1, loaded maps for my state, put some music on it. I don't hate the Windows phone OS nearly as much as I expected. :
The Nokia streaming music app is an unexpected bonus, it also allows downloading of mixes.

OK, I'm out of time to play with the thing, I'll have to explore more tomorrow.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
Got home to a box sitting on the doorstep. Updated to 8.1, loaded maps for my state, put some music on it. I don't hate the Windows phone OS nearly as much as I expected. :
The Nokia streaming music app is an unexpected bonus, it also allows downloading of mixes.

OK, I'm out of time to play with the thing, I'll have to explore more tomorrow.
Mine will be here today! If I don't like it I will keep it as a back up phone. I ordered an Android LG Volt today. So if nothing else the Windows Phone will be great for navigation.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:42 AM   #35
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
More links:

Last edited by DreamWriter; 12-24-2014 at 02:45 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mine will be here today! If I don't like it I will keep it as a back up phone. I ordered an Android LG Volt today. So if nothing else the Windows Phone will be great for navigation.
What's the Volt going to be used for? I use mine for Audio books from Kindle Unlimited, Scribd and Overdrive.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
What's the Volt going to be used for? I use mine for Audio books from Kindle Unlimited, Scribd and Overdrive.
What I intended to use the Fire Phone for. A Media Player. The Fire Phone has become a actually phone for me. So I don't see me wasting battery playing music or audiobooks unless out and about. I use my Fire Phone for my PIM, Phone, Email and to Surf the web. I love Silk on the phone. I hate Silk on the Kindle Fire. I'm always asking Fiona which is what I named my phone questions.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #38
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Nokia Lumia 520 was scheduled for delivery on Friday, December 26, but a mail truck carrying only packages just dropped it off two days early (at 8 a.m.—four hours earlier than my regular carrier).

I haven't even opened the box yet. Looks like I have a new toy to play with on Christmas.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
My Nokia Lumia 520 was scheduled for delivery on Friday, December 26, but a mail truck carrying only packages just dropped it off two days early (at 8 a.m.—four hours earlier than my regular carrier).

I haven't even opened the box yet. Looks like I have a new toy to play with on Christmas.
I am getting mine today too.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #40
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Many thanks for assembling all these helpful links, plus the new ones you supplied on this page.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #41
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Many thanks for assembling all these helpful links, plus the new ones you supplied on this page.
You're welcome!

Now I just need to figure out how to use this newfangled Windows phone. Unfamiliar tech always boggles my old brain, but after some initial trepidation, I do catch on fast.

I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to open the packaging and play with it.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to open the packaging and play with it.
Got my phone yesterday. Didn't open it until today and am setting it up now.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Got my phone yesterday. Didn't open it until today and am setting it up now.
Mine is charging but I got it set up but haven't got to play with it yet.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #44
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm always asking Fiona which is what I named my phone questions.
With a voice app? Like Alexa the Echo?

The Windows phone has something like that, called Cortana. I should try it.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #45
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Because of the 520's small internal storage, you'll want to direct your downloaded Nokia Here maps to be installed onto your µSD card. You do that by following these instructions, which involves installing an app.
I can't get the app from my phone, and doing it from the web site says they can't send it, to check my live.com email on my phone. No clue how to do that. Anyway, downloading my state's map, I guess to internal storage.

Plenty of room for the map. Maybe it can keep me from getting lost when I take my daughter to an out of town dentist next month. Got lost on the way AND the way back, when I took her a week or two ago.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-24-2014 at 04:06 PM.