Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
@Mingyar
I tested it already with the Kobo Touch Fw. 2.5.0 under the actual Calibre version and it worked.
It shows features that I have a long time been looking for, and so I have really been grateful to jgoguen for developping it. Alas, it at the same time battered down the toc as well as the bookmark features. Those are no go terms, keeping in mind that under the 2.4.x firmware we had to suffer an issue at least in respect of the last mentioned function.
Really sad.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Thank you for this. I see looking at Calibre, I have Kobo Reader Device Interface and KoboTouch plugins. Should I be disabling both of those?
You only need to disable the KoboTouch plugin. The idea is to prevent having two plugins active that handle the same devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
The new release of calibre 0.92.8 doesn't seem to work with the Kobo Extended Driver.

Any books I sideload through calibre is copied as a normal epub not a kobo epub file.

I already try and disable the existing Kobo plugins (Kobo Reader Device Interface 2.0.8) and KoboTouch (2.0.8) and it doesn't work.

-----------------------

Update: It seem to work now after I close and reopen the calibre program.

Last edited by RZetlin; 04-26-2013 at 02:07 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #19
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
Hello jgoguen,

Does the plugin work with the new kobo driver of Calibre 0.9.28 ?

What's new for 0.9.28 :
Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Aura HD and firmware version 2.5.0

Thanks
Currently untested, I've had computer problems over the last week and haven't been able to give it a try. Windows decided it suddenly didn't feel like booting, so I've had to reinstall completely and run updates, which can take quite a while. I took the extra time to install Linux (developing on Windows is horrible!) and I'm probably another day from being ready to take a look at the code.

This plugin will not work with the Aura HD, if you want to use the Aura HD (as far as I'm aware, which is admittedly very poorly informed) you will need to leave the KoboTouch driver enabled. I don't have an Aura to test with, nor will I be purchasing one in the foreseeable future. Anyone who's interested in Aura support and has Python experience could add the Aura as a recognized device and see what needs to change and submit patches, or anyone with a lot of extra money sitting around can donate an Aura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Thank you for this. I see looking at Calibre, I have Kobo Reader Device Interface and KoboTouch plugins. Should I be disabling both of those?
Yes, unless you also want to use the Aura, in which case as I mentioned above in this post I think you should leave KoboTouch enabled.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember that the Aura is the same as the other Kobo eReader devices; same database, same firmware (different home screen). Only real difference is the USB ID.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember that the Aura is the same as the other Kobo eReader devices; same database, same firmware (different home screen). Only real difference is the USB ID.
If that's the case, then once I'm back up and running I could add the Aura and someone with an Aura can test the plugin. If it Just Works then great!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Thanks for answer jgoguen.

I have 2 Kobos, a Glo and a Mini.
All my books go to the Kobos with your plugin

I'll test soon and reply to confirm (or not) previous messages saying it works well.

After a little test, I confirm that the plugin works with Calibre 0.9.28

Last edited by Mingyar; 04-26-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Search library does not seem to see the epub.kepub files. Is there a workaround for that.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #24
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Search library does not seem to see the epub.kepub files. Is there a workaround for that.
What device? It works fine for me on my Glo. Double-check that you've selected "Library" and not "Bookstore" (which is the default), I've done that a few times with my wireless disabled and it just sits there like it's not searching anything.

Do you have both kepubs and epubs on your device? That's something I've never tried.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #25
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
I tried the plugin just now. Seems to work but I have had one puzzling effect. On the Aura, reading Analog in epub form shows me the text in two columns. If I read it in kepub, through the use of this extended plugin, the text is now single column.

Not sure if it matters but I thought I would mention it.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #26
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Are you able to send me the unmodified ePub, or a link to where I can get it?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
What device? It works fine for me on my Glo. Double-check that you've selected "Library" and not "Bookstore" (which is the default), I've done that a few times with my wireless disabled and it just sits there like it's not searching anything.

Do you have both kepubs and epubs on your device? That's something I've never tried.
The Aura. I have both kepubs and epubs on my device. I always have had both. And yes, I was using library, not bookstore.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite

It was my error. I had both kobo drivers enabled. Once I disabled the other driver, all was well after I hooked up to calibre again.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have a problem. I had installed a previous version of this software (when it wasn't a plugin). I've updated to calibre 0.9.28 and, when I try to install the plugin, I get the following error:

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

I don't know which the problem is.

Edited: With morning light I've gone to GitHub and I've read instructions, sorry

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 04-28-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #30
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It was my error. I had both kobo drivers enabled. Once I disabled the other driver, all was well after I hooked up to calibre again.
Glad that worked, I don't have an Aura to test and the only reason this plugin works at all with the Aura is because I take advantage of davidfor's hard work. Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have a problem. I had installed a previous version of this software (when it wasn't a plugin). I've updated to calibre 0.9.28 and, when I try to install the plugin, I get the following error:

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 728, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 167, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED

I don't know which the problem is.

Edited: With morning light I've gone to GitHub and I've read instructions, sorry
Sounds like you hit that bug from a while back where an old update to calibre removed a class I was depending on.

Tags
error, kobo aura one