Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Anyway to read my favorite blogs on my Kindle Paperwhite?

Sometimes at night I don't feel like behaving and want to read something that is not the novel I'm working on.

Instapaper works great for this use case, but it requires me to manually save the article I'd like to read later.

Is there anyway (ideally for free) to get a few of my favorites blogs setup to read on my kindle (not using the web browser; as that's a terrible experience)?

In my research it looks like there is a site called kindlefeeder.com; but they're not taking new accounts, and there really isn't any recent discussion I can see of this using google's site search.

Thanks in advance!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not sure how good the support for Pocket on eInk Kindles is but works decently on a Kobo so might be worth checking out. A while back, someone was mentioning Pocket 2 Kindle (if my memory serves me well) as a service to get Pocket content to a eInk Kindle. I think calibre also supports sending Pocket to Kindle but again, not something I've used.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-22-2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 10:13 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I just use a cheap Fire for those insomnia nights. Works better and is cheaper if you fall asleep and roll over on it.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There is a section in Kindle Store called Kindle Blogs:
https://www.amazon.com/Blogs-Kindle-...node=241647011

The other thing I would check out is calibre. They have ‘formulas’ for many RSS feeds that convert them to ebook format. In theory you can create one yourself.

Finally if you use Firefox or Chrome, Amazon’s Send To Kindle extension does a good job of kindlizing blog articles and sending them to one of your devices.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
You could also "print to PDF" and read the PDF on your ereader (sending it with the convert option to your kindle email address if you need that). Time consuming as you'd have to do that for each article you want to read but would work pretty well.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
This previous forum posting might be what you are looking for:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294963

It links to a How-To-Geek article which uses Calibre to download and mail websites to your Kindle.

Hope this helps!
ludovicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #7
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
You could also "print to PDF" and read the PDF on your ereader (sending it with the convert option to your kindle email address if you need that). Time consuming as you'd have to do that for each article you want to read but would work pretty well.
I just use the Push to Kindle app on my phone and Chromebook to send articles to my kindle, either from Pocket or any other website. Works very well, the text comes out entirely as it should in terms of formatting, pictures included etc. Links to other articles embedded in the original don't work, but that is a minor point for me.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #8
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Push to Kindle.
Nice, they could also be used to easily do an epub/mobi from any url. Good to know!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
On iOS, when the Kindle app is installed, there is a Send To Kindle sharing option. There was a time when the Kindle for Android did something similar but that feature went away at some point.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote