Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
pshoebri
pshoebri began at the beginning.

Device: ipad / osx / ios
Creating multimedia epub

Hi all,

I've created print books for years, and digital things for some time, but have never done an ebook that has multimedia content alongside text.

The book is about 100 pages long, approximately 10k words, and has approximately 85 short (10 second) looping animations.

I've built a file in indesign, and using that to export it to a fixed layout epub, which seems to work ok when I'm looking at it on my desktop, but not so much on my iPhone. Files are fairly large and unwieldy, clunky.

Anyone have any experience producing this kind of content, suggestions of workflow, other software that might be useful?

thanks in advance
pshoebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is not a calibre issue as such, and certainly not a calibre Development issue, as per this Development subforum sticky thread ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum.

I suggest you look in the ePub and Workshop forums and the MR Wiki.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert