Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Comments field overwrite - is it a 'must'?

Is there a way to not lose things in the 'comments' field when I download metadata? I know I can untick comments download, but usually I want to preserve bits of both existing and new data.

Now I have to jump through some convoluted hoops.
1. one-book-at-a-time download
2. copy previous info in 'comments' before hitting ok
3. if I hit cancel, then I don't get series or publication info
4. I must copy text from download window, paste it, compare/merge it with existing text, copy, download again, paste text back to comments.

It has become so that I find it preferable to fill all fields by hand rather than losing my comments.

Would be much easier just to tack new text to the end of previous one (seems to me that once upon a time it even was the case, but I may be mistaken).
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
comments are stored as HTML, merging HTML is sufficiently painful that I lack the motivation to do this. But I wont refuse a patch that adds an option to implement it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5

patch, please, somebody!

eternal thanks from all tired users will rise...

travger is offline   Reply With Quote