Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-06-2021, 12:45 PM   #31
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
You don't have to compile/install, just copy it and run it from source.
I said I was going to put it aside for a while, but I tried again. Looks like I have EDL working. edl -h and print-gpt work. I get messages that I am missing the optional packages capstone and keystone even though I installed both. But I'm in.

I tried the command edl printgpt --memory=emmc (after several tries, this is the way it wanted me to type it) Anyway, here's the result:

Mark@MacBook-Air ~ % edl printgpt --memory=emmc
Capstone library is missing (optional).
Keystone library is missing (optional).
Qualcomm Sahara / Firehose Client V3.53 (c) B.Kerler 2018-2021.
main - Trying with no loader given ...
main - Waiting for the device
main - Device detected
main - Mode detected: sahara
Device is in EDL mode .. continuing.
sahara -
------------------------
HWID: 0x0014d0e100000000 (MSM_ID:0x0014d0e1,OEM_ID:0x0000,MODEL_ID:0x0000)
Unknown CPU, please send log as issue to https://github.com/bkerler/edl
PK_HASH: 0xd40eee56f3194665574109a39267724ae7944134cd53cb76 7e293d3c40497955
Serial: 0xc3253440

sahara - Found possible loader: /opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/edlclient-3.53-py3.9.egg/edlclient/../Loaders/qualcomm/factory/sc8180x/000b80e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin
sahara - Uploading loader /opt/homebrew/lib/python3.9/site-packages/edlclient-3.53-py3.9.egg/edlclient/../Loaders/qualcomm/factory/sc8180x/000b80e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin ...
No suitable loader found

I feel like I'm getting closer, but I'm not quite there...
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:56 PM   #32
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Yeah, that was what I was worried about, that there was no firmware available.

All those loaders came from somebody having a factory tool and sniffing the USB to capture what it loads using a TotalPhase Beagle USB hardware protocol analyzer.

Send that info into bkerler and see if they can find a loader for you.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #33
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll send it in. Thanks!

The Note Air 2 is new, so this isn't that surprising! Sooner or later, firmware will appear. In the meantime, perhaps there is a loader out there... : )

Info sent to bkerler.

In the meantime, I successfully rooted my Nova 2. That seems relatively easy now!

Last edited by downeaster59; 12-06-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #34
downeaster59
Wizard

In other news... bkerler has responded and has come up with a loader for me to try:

Here's his message: Please try b30f7c9 and make sure you do a submodule init and update to get the latest Loaders directory as well.

I'll try this once I've played with my Nook for a bit!
Old 12-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #35
downeaster59
Wizard

I haven't had any luck getting the new edl driver from bkerler to work. I don't know if I have installed it correctly. (Chances are I haven't.) Getting root for my Note Air 2 isn't a big priority for me, but it would be good to get this to work eventually.
Advert
Old 12-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #36
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, does it say that it's trying to load the loader that you think it should? If it dies after the loader is loaded then it's not the right one.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #37
downeaster59
Wizard

When I tried the new loader, I got the same notification as before. I may not have installed it properly, but I don't yet know what my mistake(s) may have been. I'll look at it again sooner or later.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:31 AM   #38
Renate
Wizard

Keep your eye open for new Onyx updates. Do you have 3.2 yet? If they give you an update with boot.img in it you can just use that. I looked for updates, but I can't seem to find anything for "Note Air 2" or "Note Air2" or "NoteAir2" or "Air2". I use "Poke3" and it works.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:52 AM   #39
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Keep your eye open for new Onyx updates. Do you have 3.2 yet? If they give you an update with boot.img in it you can just use that. I looked for updates, but I can't seem to find anything for "Note Air 2" or "Note Air2" or "NoteAir2" or "Air2". I use "Poke3" and it works.
I have 3.2. I also haven't found any updates for the Note Air 2 yet. It may be easier to just wait for the next full update.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:06 PM   #40
downeaster59
Wizard

@Renate... Hello again!

I think I figured out - finally - how to install the new loader. It appears to work, if I read the following correctly...

Mark@MacBook-Air ~ % adb reboot edl
Mark@MacBook-Air ~ % edl --loader=/Users/Mark/Desktop/0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin
main - Using loader /Users/Mark/Desktop/0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin ...
main - Device detected
main - Mode detected: sahara
Device is in EDL mode .. continuing.
sahara -
------------------------
HWID: 0x0014d0e100000000 (MSM_ID:0x0014d0e1,OEM_ID:0x0000,MODEL_ID:0x0000)
Unknown CPU, please send log as issue to https://github.com/bkerler/edl
PK_HASH: 0xd40eee56f3194665574109a39267724ae7944134cd53cb76 7e293d3c40497955
Serial: 0xc3253440

sahara - Uploading loader /Users/Mark/Desktop/0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin ...
Successfully uploaded programmer
firehose - INFO: Chip serial num: 3273995328 (0xc3253440)
firehose_client
firehose_client - [LIB]: No --memory option set, we assume "eMMC" as default ..., if it fails, try using "--memory" with "UFS","NAND" or "spinor" instead !
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: Couldn't detect MaxPayloadSizeFromTargetinBytes
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: Couldn't detect TargetName
firehose - TargetName=Unknown
firehose - MemoryName=eMMC
firehose - Version=1
firehose_client - Supported functions:
-----------------
Old 12-13-2021, 05:56 AM   #41
Renate
Wizard

Well, does it read?
Code:
python edl.py r boot boot.img --memory=emmc
Old 12-13-2021, 08:32 AM   #42
downeaster59
Wizard

And this is what it shows me after that code...

Mark@MacBook-Air ~ % edl r boot boot.img --memory=emmc
main - Device detected
main - Mode detected: firehose
firehose
firehose
firehose - Version=1
-----------------
program,read,nop,patch,configure,setbootablestorag edrive,erase,power,firmwarewrite,getstorageinfo,be nchmark,emmc,ufs,fixgpt,getsha256digest
firehose_client
firehose_client - [LIB]: Error: Couldn't detect partition: boot
Available partitions:
Old 12-13-2021, 11:29 AM   #43
Renate
Wizard

Well, I can't tell if your Firehose is busted.
What do you get with the edl printgpt command?
Old 12-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #44
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Well, I can't tell if your Firehose is busted.
What do you get with the edl printgpt command?
Here it is:

Mark@MacBook-Air ~ % edl printgpt
main - Device detected
main - Mode detected: firehose
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: GetStorageInfo command isn't supported.
firehose_client
firehose_client - [LIB]: No --memory option set, we assume "eMMC" as default ..., if it fails, try using "--memory" with "UFS","NAND" or "spinor" instead !
firehose
firehose
firehose - Version=1
-----------------
program,read,nop,patch,configure,setbootablestorag edrive,erase,power,firmwarewrite,getstorageinfo,be nchmark,emmc,ufs,fixgpt,getsha256digest
Old 12-13-2021, 12:59 PM   #45
Renate
Wizard

Sounds like driver isn't responding.

Add --debugmode
You should be seeing XML bopping back and forth.

Last edited by Renate; 12-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.