Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-17-2021, 07:01 AM   #61
Grorom
Grorom began at the beginning.

Device: onyx Book Max Lumi
Hi everyone,

My Max Lumi came back all working with the build 3.1_0631e26 (no more 3.1_a2070066) and Capacitive touch version 0x8C (instead of 0x0), so it's still not compatible with your Boot.img.
I'm a bit shy to give it a try again... but could I help getting the original boot.img for the 0631e26 build ? I've never deal with Emergency Download 9008 mode, not too tricky ? Another path to get it ?
Grorom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:08 AM   #62
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Dear Grorom,
hey, you got your Max Lumi back. Hooray!
I should something similar like this to get the boot.img. I haven't tested it yet.
Code:
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img
I'm waiting for firmware version 3.2. These five favorite brushes in notes will help a lot.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2021, 09:11 AM   #63
Grorom

Thanks !
But of course I have a 'Permission denied"... need to be root user !
None other way to get this boot image ? I'll wait for 3.2, it seems indeed quite interesting !
Old 12-01-2021, 07:11 AM   #64
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Firmware version 3.2 is out. I have rooted my Max Lumi again. I will update the boot images in first post of this thread.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:38 AM   #65
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Anything good in 3.2? Is it out for every model?

Oops, no 3.2 for Poke3 yet.

Last edited by Renate; 12-01-2021 at 08:42 AM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2021, 10:12 AM   #66
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Oops, no 3.2 for Poke3 yet.
Quote:
Hi user, yes! We are ready to push the V3.2 for MaxLumi,NoteAir,Note3,Nova3,Nova3Color,NovaAir,Lea f,Poke3.
Maybe it just takes some time to get pushed to your Poke 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Anything good in 3.2? Is it out for every model?
5 Favorite brushes in notes are cool. I will use it all the time.
Vector pdf output in notes is standard (no more faking a Dropbox connection to trick ksync to get vectorized pdfs.)
The new system drop down menu is a plus.

Max_Lumi_3.2_5bccd60.Magisk.23.0.boot.img.zip is online. Have fun.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #67
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was looking for the download on the support website, not the "Check for update" directly on the device.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:28 AM   #68
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

I have added the change list.
Quote:
changeList V3.2

System & Apps
1.The system drop-down menu has been divided into Notification Center and Control Panel. Swiping up from the screen bottom will pop up E Ink Center. ",
2.Add BooxDrop (two-way file transfer between BOOX and other devices such as PC). BooxDrop only supports Wi-Fi in the same local area network. (This replaces Transfer Books including WifiTransfer and Push)
3.Add Area Screenshot, which allows users to screenshot the selected area only instead of the whole screen. (Call out from Navigation Ball)
4.Improve handwriting speed of OneNote\\Evernote\\WPS
5.Add multiple accounts management. (This is to solve the problem of notes sync issues under multiple accounts.)
6.Fix some other known issues;

Reader & Library
7.Add custom scan path settings to the Library and optimize the process of refreshing the Library
8.Adjust the data sharing method of a file's copy. The data is identified by saving path. (Old version was identified by the file ID)
9.Support copying and cutting handwritten content between documents.
10.Add reflow feature to text-based PDF documents that allow \"long press to select text\" or are recognized by OCR.
11.Split-view supports Article\\ Comic modes.

Note & Sync
12.Add the feature of combining multiple notepads into one.
13.Add automatic saving by a set time.
14.The exported PDFs from Notes are in vector format, which can be edited in Reader.
15.Add custom brushes( max 5 brushes) .
16.Add page tags, which generate a level 1 directory when exporting a notepad to a PDF file.
17.Associate Notes with accounts. Notes under anonymous accounts are automatically classified into login account. The notes under the logout account will no longer appear locally and will appear again after you log in to the same account;
18.Local backup of version 3.2 or above supports combining new backup with existing backup files. ( This backs up notes at different stages to the same backup file);
19.Cloud backup is not available anymore.

Last edited by yokos; 12-03-2021 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:09 AM   #69
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
{"_id":"61a6f63403280226f922987c","updatedAt":"202 1-12-02T09:03:04.767Z","createdAt":"2021-12-01T04:12:36.446Z","md5":"182462d89f69085607cf3723c 0a98940","model":"MaxLumi","submodel":"","brand":" ONYX","fingerprint":"ONYX/MaxLumi/MaxLumi:10/2021-11-30_16-20_3.2_5bccd60/4131:user/dev-keys","buildType":"user","buildNumber":4131,"build DisplayId":"2021-11-30_16-20_3.2_5bccd60","excludeGroups":false,"parentFingerprint":"","fo rce":false,"__v":0,"availableCount":0,"whitelistMA C":[],"size":1432369233,"betaGroups":[],"downloadUrlList":["http://firmware-us.boox.com/182462d8...940/update.upx"],
My notes didn't get lost during firmware update. Plus I had got a backup on my nas. Configuration of my floating toolbars in neoreader and notes was not reset. Fine.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #70
Grorom

Thanks Leo, it's perfect !!!
Old 12-14-2021, 07:39 AM   #71
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
17.Associate Notes with accounts. Notes under anonymous accounts are automatically classified into login account. The notes under the logout account will no longer appear locally and will appear again after you log in to the same account;
There is a lot confusion on reddit. Users claiming the notes are gone. WTF. But their Boox device just got logged out of Onyx account.
Yeah. Strange design decision. I don't have an Onyx account and I don't want one.

Last edited by yokos; 12-14-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:56 AM   #72
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Hello. I get last firmware for my Note 3, but if I decrypt it by
decryptBooxUpdateUpx the folder doesn't contain this time the boot.img file. How can I get the boot.img file this time?
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #73
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
decryptBooxUpdateUpx the folder doesn't contain this time the boot.img file. How can I get the boot.img file this time?
Update file includes a diff patch of boot.img only. Not the full image!
Two options: create new boot.img with older boot.img plus executing diff patch (have a look at the installation scripts of firmware update) or create boot.img after booting in EDL mode.

Last edited by yokos; 12-26-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:56 AM   #74
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
You can download Firmware v3.2 on your Note 3. It is out now. It must have boot.img included.

Last edited by yokos; 12-28-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:42 PM   #75
Renate
Wizard

What you need is a recovery image with rooted ADB. You wouldn't even have to flash it, just fastboot boot it. Then you can dd and adb pull any partition you want. Ok, you can do this with EDL too, but it's a bit of a pain.

No, I don't have a recovery for the Max, but I do have one for the Poke3.