Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #16
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
You could try my solution from this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=89
I just tried it an it worked for me.

If you need detailed description just let me know
Thanks but this way it didn't work with the Google Appstore. However it did work with

1. rooting the device
2. Install Safari to Go manually (http://blog.safaribooksonline.com/20...dle-fire-nook/ )

It's f**king great to have all the E-Books from Safari on the Onyx M96.

I've attached a quick screenshot. Unfortunately it doesn't really represent the crystal clear quality of the e-books but you'll get the point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	safari_to_go_onyx_m96.jpg
Views:	1637
Size:	610.9 KB
ID:	124857  

Last edited by joblack; 07-02-2014 at 03:57 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #17
Kazuma
Kazuma began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle touch, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard
I've found another strange bug.
The selection mode makes the screen rotate 180 degrees.
Hmm
Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 03:03 AM   #18
illumilore
illumilore began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch
Quote:
CoolReader will be probably removed from standard update because it is difficult to maintain. I will post a link, where you can download current CoolReader Onyx version as an application if you like it.
When I tried updating cool reader through the play store, it didn't seem to like that and said that the package was not signed correctly. I think because it was already installed on my t68, even though it does not show in the apps menu. Will it being removed by default fix this?

Also, will upgrading to the version here allow give the user root access?
illumilore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:06 AM   #19
perfilad0
perfilad0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox M96
After installing the update, I have problems with crop.

In OnyxReader autocrop works fine, but "Selection " gives problems. I can not adjust the margins with the stylus.

In the NeoReader "Selection " does not do anything, clicking the menu disappears, and "autocrop" does not work fine, from 2-5 does not change, and 5-6 is enormous change
perfilad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:22 AM   #20
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Given the nature of this reader, one leg would be necessary tool to backup our system, if by accident the damaged or non-functional desconfiguramos to do.

The firmware output is functional, but it is immature. Major upgrading is needed.
Something is urgent to improve the management of the SD card, which is removed when we connect the reader to the PC and the beginning of the boot, takes a long time to access the content files.
In browsing through folders no details of dates.

Detailed instructions for dictionary management, supplies, etc. are needed.

A greeting -.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 05:26 AM   #21
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
AFAIK In the Artatech version they have some additional pre-installed apps like bookshop (for Polish ebooks) and English + Polish Ivona TTS. After update with our software those apps could be gone, so I guess the could have not permited installation of our updates in their versions (like it has been done in Russian versions of T68 and M96). You can try it though.
Are you actively trying to prevent people of installing this update? What happens if one would try it, and it fails? Can the default firmware be re-installed in some way?

If this T68 update provides English, and removes pre-installed apps and Polish stuff such as the bookstore and Polish TTS then that would actually be an advantage. (I'm not Polish, so it's of no use to me.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #22
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfilad0 View Post
After installing the update, I have problems with crop.

In OnyxReader autocrop works fine, but "Selection " gives problems. I can not adjust the margins with the stylus.

In the NeoReader "Selection " does not do anything, clicking the menu disappears, and "autocrop" does not work fine, from 2-5 does not change, and 5-6 is enormous change
when you click selection zoom you can touch the screen and then drag.
In dragging, there is a highlight region. When you release finger, it just zoom the selection region

In later version we will add a message how to use this tool, after click on selective zoom..

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-03-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #23
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Are you actively trying to prevent people of installing this update? What happens if one would try it, and it fails? Can the default firmware be re-installed in some way?

If this T68 update provides English, and removes pre-installed apps and Polish stuff such as the bookstore and Polish TTS then that would actually be an advantage. (I'm not Polish, so it's of no use to me.)
I am not preventing, just warning it could possibly not work (installation will be aborted with an error message). It will not cause any damage or changes on Lynx.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-03-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I am not preventing, just warning it could possibly not work (installation will be aborted with an error message). It will not cause any damage or changes on Lynx.
Can you tell how to find out which version I have?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #25
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is a bit unclear:

"It could possibly not work" -> This means there is also a chance that it WILL work.
"Installation will be aborted with an error message" -> This means it is certain that it won't work.

Do you mean that if it DOESN'T work, the installation will just be aborted, and nothing will be changed, and if it DOES work, the installation will proceed and you'll get a working reader with this non-Lynx firmware?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #26
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Can you tell how to find out which version I have?
If you bought your T68 in Artatech store, you will have a Lynx. You can also watch your original box. It should be labelled as Lynx. In our store we don't sell Lynx version.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #27
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Which is the Artatech Store, and which is "our store" please?

Dutch stores are importing this reader, so they're getting it at different places, and we probably can't find out which places those are. IF the original box does NOT state Lynx, then we can install the forthcoming T68 update mentioned above?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #28
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
This is a bit unclear:

"It could possibly not work" -> This means there is also a chance that it WILL work.
"Installation will be aborted with an error message" -> This means it is certain that it won't work.

Do you mean that if it DOESN'T work, the installation will just be aborted, and nothing will be changed, and if it DOES work, the installation will proceed and you'll get a working reader with this non-Lynx firmware?
I don't have a Lynx and therefore cannot test it. What I know for sure, some customers from Russia tried to install our update to their version of T68 and it did not work. There are three versions on the market: our T68, Lynx and Russian T76 Nefertiti. When installation fails by Nefertiti (installation aborted with error message ) I just can assume, that it will not work for Lynx users too.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #29
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Which is "our version"?

Lynx == Artatech version with Polish store and TTS
T76 == Russian version
All other T68 == "Official Boox International" version

Is it like this?
Old 07-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #30
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Katsunami, if you want to buy at your Dutch store - why don't you ask them? They should know much better what they are selling than Booxtor.

And according to the description on their website it could be the Artatech version. They mention Lynx somewhere and they mention the Ivona tts.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote