Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #181
christianbk
Enthusiast
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
We'll see how the physical page turn buttons will feel. I do not like how the latest Kobo release made the buttons closer to the edge. I have a Sage and miss the nice feel on the front of the Forma and dislike the page turn button placement movement. These.. are literally on the edge

That being said, Goodereader's article that has the above video as an embed did have this tip.

"... if you hold down the home button down for two seconds it will give you options to control the lighting system and a single tap will take you to the library"

Can confirm with the GlowLight Plus I have, holding down the home button for two seconds turns off and on the light. So a little bit of an update there.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #182
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GlowLight 3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbk View Post
Can confirm with the GlowLight Plus I have, holding down the home button for two seconds turns off and on the light. So a little bit of an update there.
It's the same with the GlowLight Plus (6" version, 2015) and the GlowLight 3. I don't normally turn off the light except accidentally when I hold the "N" key too long.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #183
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
GoodEreader has an unboxing. Not much to it, but you can see the device:
They could have at least turned the GL4 on.
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM   #184
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
We'll see how the physical page turn buttons will feel. I do not like how the latest Kobo release made the buttons closer to the edge. I have a Sage and miss the nice feel on the front of the Forma and dislike the page turn button placement movement. These.. are literally on the edge
Not having used one yet, I could see holding it with a thumb on the bezel that people love to complain about and just sort of rock your thumb to the edge to press the button.

Quote:
"... if you hold down the home button down for two seconds it will give you options to control the lighting system and a single tap will take you to the library"

Holding down the home button for two seconds has turned the light on and off since my Nook Simple Touch.

On the Glowlight 3, pressing the page turn button twice quickly will jump to the next/previous chapter.

The single tap taking you to your library is new, I think.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #185
christianbk
Enthusiast
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not having used one yet, I could see holding it with a thumb on the bezel that people love to complain about and just sort of rock your thumb to the edge to press the button.

Holding down the home button for two seconds has turned the light on and off since my Nook Simple Touch.

On the Glowlight 3, pressing the page turn button twice quickly will jump to the next/previous chapter.

The single tap taking you to your library is new, I think.
Ah, I thought "control the lighting system" meant something like having the lighting sliders show up, not just on / off like it has been.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #186
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Ah, I thought "control the lighting system" meant something like having the lighting sliders show up, not just on / off like it has been.
Maybe it does. I may have misunderstood.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #187
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
It's always possible that this is some new behavior. But honestly, I hope not. Holding the home button to turn on the light kind of makes up for Nook not having sleep covers. In the dark, I just open the cover on my Kobo and the screen unlocks and the light comes on. On the Nook, I hold down home until the light comes on so I can see to unlock the screen.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #188
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Okay, I'm sure this is tiresome for everyone else, so this'll be my last go:

You quoted the message, but cut the relevant part:

Incidentally, the part you bolded was in response to the upcoming Glowlight 4. I was really hoping it would be both waterproof and have an orange light.

The 2015 Plus is waterproof, but no orange light.

The 3 is not waterproof, but has the orange light.

I was hoping (expecting, really) that the 4 would have both. Alas, it does not
Ah ok. I thought you were hoping for both. Lol....Misunderstood..
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #189
christianbk
Enthusiast

Just got my shipping notification!

I did call my local store.. they're unsure when they are getting their units to sell in store.

Tags
nook