Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-05-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Note Air 2 firmware

I'm looking for a firmware package (update.upx) for the Note Air 2. There isn't one on boox.com yet. If anyone knows if there is a way to access one, I'll appreciate knowing about it. I want to see if I can access the boot.img file for use with Magisk. I have been trying to set up my Mac to work with my Boox in edl mode but I've run into glitches in getting the proper software installed. I do have a setup in place where I can decrypt update.upx. I was able to successfully root my Nova 2 in that way.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:39 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
If they don't update the boot image there won't be a copy in the update. That's one of the problems.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:24 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
If they don't update the boot image there won't be a copy in the update. That's one of the problems.
Plus when they publish an incremental update you will get a diff patch but not a full boot.img. This happend to all 3.1.x updates on Max Lumi.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:59 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
The latest Poke3 3.2 update is non-incremental and includes boot.img
Code:
        151,552 abl.elf
     12,866,856 boot.img
          7,016 compatibility.zip
     35,166,216 payload
     33,554,432 persist.img
         39,896 pmic.elf
        224,840 rpm.mbn
  1,189,138,625 system.new.dat.br
              0 system.patch.dat