Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-13-2020, 10:32 PM   #91
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Seeing as this plugin is pretty much defunct now, would it be a good idea to remove it from the index?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #92
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My Q&S plugin used to scrape a list of Series by Author, but fictiondb now uses Cloudflare and JavaScript to ensure that even with Kovid's Mechanize, I was not able to search for much via a query without having an account etc. They locked it down. Time to find another source.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:55 AM   #93
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
At this point, I think abandoned is correct. There was no reaction to my post or the other places that I have mentioned it. No one seems to have actually missed it. I'm not very interested in fixing it and would only be doing it for the coding exercise.
I'm quite sorry and I will miss it but I understand your point. Thanks for all your work on it.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:50 AM   #94
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
Quote:
No one seems to have actually missed it.
I, for one, am missing it terribly and have been waiting and hoping for an update. If it is possible, it would be greatly appreciated. I am not aware of another source that provides age information and rely on fictiondb.
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:33 AM   #95
brianswilson
brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Calibre
Exclamation Can't install plugin

I'm sure I'm not the first to post about why this is broken (see attached output). I'm not a great python programmer, but this doesn't look very difficult to resolve.

If this plugin is currently not under active development, does anyone know where the source code is managed (probably GitHub, but I don't find a URL for it) and how to be added as a developer?

calibre, version 5.9.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.fictiondb.__init__", line 11, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\urllib\__init__.pyc)
brianswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:37 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianswilson View Post
I'm sure I'm not the first to post about why this is broken (see attached output). I'm not a great python programmer, but this doesn't look very difficult to resolve.

If this plugin is currently not under active development, does anyone know where the source code is managed (probably GitHub, but I don't find a URL for it) and how to be added as a developer?

calibre, version 5.9.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

ImportError: cannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\urllib\__init__.pyc)
Read posts 91 and 92 of this thread. The plugin is dead because the site changed too much for the plugin to work. Because of this, it was never updating to install in Calibre 5.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:35 AM   #97
brianswilson
brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Read posts 91 and 92 of this thread. The plugin is dead because the site changed too much for the plugin to work. Because of this, it was never updating to install in Calibre 5.
That's a pity as it looked like a really useful utility. Thank you for letting me know.
brianswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #98
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianswilson View Post
That's a pity as it looked like a really useful utility. Thank you for letting me know.
So useful that no one noticed it wasn't working for five months.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:49 AM   #99
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2i, K3/KK WiFi, Basic (old), 2xFire, 2xPW (old), Voyage, Scribe
Exclamation Installation failure on Calibre 5.12

Installation of this plugin failed on Calibre 5.12. I was told to report the failure here:

Code:
calibre, version 5.12.0

Please advise!

Thank you!
bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:04 PM   #100
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As posted in messages prior to your's the plugin has NOT been updated for python 3 which is a requirement for calibre 5 and above.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:20 PM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
As posted in messages prior to your's the plugin has NOT been updated for python 3 which is a requirement for calibre 5 and above.
And part of the reason it has not been updated for Python 3 because it had stopped working (due to web site changes) several months before and no one had noticed.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:27 AM   #102
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
They locked it down. Time to find another source.

DaltonST
Quote:
And part of the reason it has not been updated for Python 3 because it had stopped working (due to web site changes) several months before and no one had noticed.
Users have definitely noticed, this was a unique resource. If there was a way to get it working again it would be so much appreciated.

I have searched extensively and I don't think there is an alternative that gives age level for books that can added to calibre.

I have been waiting to see if something happens, but miss it so much. If there is a way to do this, it would be incredibly helpful.
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 08:46 PM   #103
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamagloworm View Post
Users have definitely noticed, this was a unique resource. If there was a way to get it working again it would be so much appreciated.

I have searched extensively and I don't think there is an alternative that gives age level for books that can added to calibre.

I have been waiting to see if something happens, but miss it so much. If there is a way to do this, it would be incredibly helpful.
I have been wanting this plugin to work too, to the point where I will instal a much older version of Calibre Portable just to run it. I have been trying to figure out how to get the themes for the books in Fiction.db to be converted to a .csv and downloaed into Calibre. They're much better than the Genres from Goodreads.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:34 AM   #104
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I have been wanting this plugin to work too, to the point where I will instal a much older version of Calibre Portable just to run it. I have been trying to figure out how to get the themes for the books in Fiction.db to be converted to a .csv and downloaed into Calibre. They're much better than the Genres from Goodreads.
Are you saying that worked? Because the reason the plugin stopped working was because the site changed. Unless they have changed back, or changed something else in how that works, then I wouldn't expect an older version of calibre to change anything.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:22 PM   #105
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
No, I thought I could do it, because it seemed possible, I wrote too quickly...lol I am still trying to figure out how it would be possible.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote