Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #31
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
Any idea of the power consumption improvements?

I'm still on build 538 and from my understanding in build 708, the battery drained significantly faster
Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I also noticed these changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post

Now, the problem is that the only zoom levels allowed are between 50% and 100%. So, if you have a 12x9cm PDF (designed for the Cybook screen), you cannot actually zoom in, because 100% is already fullscreen (the most you can have is "fit to width" and "landscape").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselda View Post
The Cybook will still crash when reading PDF, especially when switching between pages too fast. A rule of thumb is, do not turn to the next page if the green LED is still bright, just wait for few seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselda View Post
There are still unreadable PDF files. Normally these are files with very large pictures.
I add one more comment, my problems with bug in the reading of the SD card also ended.

I wish for the next update:

Support for external link to HTML.

Support for folders and/or tags.

Support to delete files memory/SDcard.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #33
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I believe that we have not had time to obtain data from battery consumption with this new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharone View Post
Any idea of the power consumption improvements?

I'm still on build 538 and from my understanding in build 708, the battery drained significantly faster
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #34
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
They will never eliminate all bugs. Folders seem to be a modular thing so they can add it to all old versions so you can then choose the one that suits you. It should not be an either or questions. If folders are delayed more than they will be irrelevant since new readers or new software like openinkpot will solve the problem.
Well said! I really appreciate the update, don't get me wrong. I don't want to buy another reader but I would be interested in custom open source firmware made by users for users.
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #35
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
First, with previous versions, the Cybooks "thought" that it was A4-size. If you had an A4 PDF in fullscreen, the status bar would say 100%, while if you had a 12x9cm PDF it would say 235%. This now seems to be fixed, and a fullscreen 12x9cm PDF is 101% (let's allow for rounding errors and not exact size matching).

Now, the problem is that the only zoom levels allowed are between 50% and 100%. So, if you have a 12x9cm PDF (designed for the Cybook screen), you cannot actually zoom in, because 100% is already fullscreen (the most you can have is "fit to width" and "landscape"). […]
Thanks for the clarification. The issue is fixed in the new version of my script.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
from the Readme file :

What's Next

New directory view.
Improved Mobipocket, HTML & TXT support.
More languages.

sounds like folders are coming soon. hopefully the improved html support means images are better supported. and hopefully epub will also be soon.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #37
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Well, Upgraded to the new firmware pretty easily. A Few thoughts

- Am able to read some of the PDF's that 708 broke. But there appers to be a bit of a bug when rendering multi column pages where the text is reflowing over the separator space, jumbling up the text.

- The zoom levels make pdf's a little bit more usable. The previous options of only being able to fit height or width were a pain.

- Startup does appear a little bit slower, but that could just be my impression, as I didn't time it or anything.

Will try out some larger PDF's that really choked up 708 and images tomorrow,
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #38
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Oh, and perhaps one of the mods could make this thread a sticky. The current sticky for firmware is still for 708.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Oh, and perhaps one of the mods could make this thread a sticky. The current sticky for firmware is still for 708.
stuck. and i unstuck the last one, to avoid confusion.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #40
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Thanks.

Figured it would make it easier and cut down on new threads looking for the same info.

I do have to admit that I personally rarely see the stickies as I spend most of my time on the site looking at new posts site wide.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #41
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
I upgraded to the new version from 708 and ran into one issue. I was reading an ebook loaned from the local library and after the upgrade, I got a "not active" message when I attempted to open the ebook. It seems the upgrade had changed the date/time and I had to re-apply the date/time patch that was posted in this forum.

I have send an email to Bookeen support asking for date/time support in the UI. Hope Bookeen will implement that simple feature.
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 AM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One thing I did notice last night is that the new firmware seems to have completely fixed the issue of the occasional page turn button press being missed. I read for a couple of hours with the new firmware, and didn't have to re-press the button once.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #43
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Several people have reported fewer PDF crashes, and I think I agree. Several people have also reported that some unreadable PDFs now have become readable, and I think I agree too. But I have at lest one PDF that was readable before (it took some time to open, but then it's text-only and with 12x9cm pagesize) and now it just crashes the Cybook every time I try to open it. It's a French version of the complete "Le vicomte de Bragelonne", 2550 pages, 8MB.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:38 AM   #44
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Several people have reported fewer PDF crashes, and I think I agree. Several people have also reported that some unreadable PDFs now have become readable, and I think I agree too. But I have at lest one PDF that was readable before (it took some time to open, but then it's text-only and with 12x9cm pagesize) and now it just crashes the Cybook every time I try to open it. It's a French version of the complete "Le vicomte de Bragelonne", 2550 pages, 8MB.
Can I Ask which firmware version you were running when that PDF worked? was it 708? or was it the version that came preloaded from Bookeen (can't remember the no).

In my own experience, 708 mostly made PDF's useless for me, and the pre loaded version was a little better, but tended to crash with larger PDF's, i.e. 10+MB ones.

As I commented earlier, PDF support does appear to have improved, but it still has a few bugs.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #45
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Perhaps it would help us all if you could send it along with a report of the bug to Bookeen? I know they don't lurk around Mobileread forum much, also they added a following text to readme.htm in their latest release:

Quote:
How to Send Suggestions
* Your feedback is very much welcome.
* Please avoid using blogs, forums or mailing lists.
* Simply send an email to support_at_bookeen.com.
* All suggestions are taken into account as much as possible in our development schedule.
I think it would be easy for them to fix such easily reproducible bug.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote