Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Weird War Tales: Private Parker Sees Thunder Lizards

Not an ebook, sadly, but I have a story in Weird War Tales #1, "Private Parker See Thunder Lizards." Available at all fine comic book stores now.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Now that sounds fun =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
The price was kind of a shock, though: $3.99! My novel is a buck less! Of course, it doesn't have pictures....

I thought that Gabriel Hardman did a fantastic job.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
geniodiabolico
geniodiabolico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I wouldn't call the story "fun". It was very good and touching though. I choked up a little at the end. Very nice work, Jan.

PS - I also bought RISEN so I'm doing what I can to flow a little cash your way.
geniodiabolico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
The price was kind of a shock, though: $3.99! My novel is a buck less! Of course, it doesn't have pictures....
Comics today are very expensive-- I quit collecting them in the 80s because the price kept going up but my allowance didn't (that was around the transition from 75 cents a copy to $1.00.) But, now they are printed on glossy paper and look amazing, unlike the cheap pulp paper they were printed on when I was a kid, so they might be worth it (for adult collectors-- no more spinning comic racks in local drugstores with prices low enough for an impulse buy.)

As for the comic not being an e-book, I was reading your story approx. 1 minute after reading this post by you... Not bad at all, but very short. Good artwork.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote