Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Calibre Crisis

I've started a topic in General related to this.

In an effort to carry out the simple task of creating a list of the books I have in Calibre so I can email it to friends I've managed to lose all the books out of Calibre. Some 200 of them.

The easiest assumption would be that I'm a computer illiterate who's incapable of carrying out the simplest task, but I regularly use quite complex photo managing programs.

I could have typed the ******* list out by hand in the time I've spent on this and now I've lost the Calibre library.
sceadugenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I really hope you're wrong!

Is it possible you just redirected Calibre to a new (blank) library? Do you remember where Calibre had set up the library initially (to look in that folder)?

Or, did you try searching for something that would be in your Calibre folder - like *.epub, or *.mobi, or *word-in-book-title* ?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Maybe your calibre library path has simply gotten changed so that Calibre does not know where it is. Have you tried searching your hard drive for any of your authors since this is how Calibre files ebooks?

Can you give us the steps you had undertaken before your library disappeared?
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
sceadugenga
Connoisseur
sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sceadugenga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was following some sort of zip process. The books are apparently there but don't show on the front page.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you managed to set up a restriction that is hiding them? If you look at the left just below the main toolbar and to the left of the Search field there is a "Restriction" field. Is it empty or set to soemthing? Also is the Search field empty (if not click the 'x' at the right end of the field to clear it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
sceadugenga
Connoisseur

No, that's fine.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that calibre's database was deleted somehow. In that case, calibre creates a new, empty, db, which of course shows no books. If you have a backup, look for the file metadata.db and compare its size to the one in the root folder of your calibre library. If the backup is significantly larger, try using it. Keep a copy of the other, just in case.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote