Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
mbraner
mbraner began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
[PRS-T1] problem installing app

I tried to side-install the Android 2.2 version of "Audiopo" (an app to play mp3 files at a different speed), on a rooted Sony PRS-T1, via Total Commander. TC opened the APK and told me the permissions needed, but then when I clicked "install" it first showed a progress bar and then failed, said "app not installed" but did not say why. There are still 15 megabytes of space in the apps area. (Not much, I know, but this is small app...) What's going on?

Note that this is different behavior than when I've tried to install apps that are for later versions of Android, then Total Commander says "problem parsing app" and never gets to the permissions list.
mbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
There's nothing you an do. You can try uninstalling / reinstalling, but I doubt it will work. Find another version of the app or a different app.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
mbraner

But _why_ is it having trouble? Can another file manager possible do better on installing the same APK? The APK is supposedly made for Android 2.2, the version running on the PRS-T1. I have managed to install and run a couple of other audio speed changing apps, but they have other issues: invisible folder and file names (e-ink display issue), and incorrect playing of mono mp3 files (not a PRS-T1 issue). But they did install.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
mbraner

I tried one more thing: using a command line to install it. Opened "terminal emulator" (busybox) and used the command "pm install apkpathname". It ran for a second and then printed one word as a result:

Killed

??
Old 11-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
mbraner

Tried one more thing: in terminal emulator, typed "su" before the "pm" command.

This time it still failed, but with a different error message:

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR]

Renamed a copy of the .apk .zip on the PC and tested it, no errors, so it's not a corrupt file, unless it got corrupted when I copied it to the Android device. What else can it be?
Advert