Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Est. Ship date 12/28 on new SonyStyle orders

I just checked the Sony Style website. Up until recently they listed the Daily Edition as backordered or shipping in January. They are now listing it with an estimated ship date of December 28. It sure sounds like they have received a large shipment from the manufacturing site. This date coincides with my discussions last week with the Sony Style Store here in Vegas. They said they will have them in stock by December 29.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
I ordered one yesterday and it shipped out today to be here Monday! (I paid little extra to expedite the shipping)
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
JanieGirl
JanieGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I just checked the Sony Style website. Up until recently they listed the Daily Edition as backordered or shipping in January. They are now listing it with an estimated ship date of December 28. It sure sounds like they have received a large shipment from the manufacturing site. This date coincides with my discussions last week with the Sony Style Store here in Vegas. They said they will have them in stock by December 29.
I just came from the website it says, "Due to high demand, orders placed today will ship on or about Jan. 15.? It still says Backordered so, can you please give a link to where you see this information or you talking about pre-orders already done?
JanieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
mokeiko
Enthusiast
mokeiko has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX | PRS-900 | PRS-950 | DPT-S1 | Kindle Oasis
I got the same information about the 900 being back ordered with estimated shipping date of 1-15-10 when I placed my order two days ago. To my surprise, my unit was shipped yesterday and it arrived today!

I hope you all get yours soon.

mokeiko
mokeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
I got the same information about the 900 being back ordered with estimated shipping date of 1-15-10 when I placed my order two days ago. To my surprise, my unit was shipped yesterday and it arrived today!

I hope you all get yours soon.

mokeiko
More info, please? Have you seen a 600 to compare the screens?
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #6
mokeiko
Enthusiast
mokeiko has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX | PRS-900 | PRS-950 | DPT-S1 | Kindle Oasis
I haven't seen the 600 but I own the 700 and the 900 has a better screen. The background on the 900 is a little lighter which makes the text stand out in contrast better than the 700. I really wish a built in light was incorporated like the 700, I read mostly at night before I sleep and having a light is indispensable.

As for features, I like the fact that the 900 has a removable battery (you can get a spare just in case you're away from an outlet for extended periods of time) and the 3G for downloading periodicals, that you subscribe to, every morning. If you want to purchase books, this is a great device to have if you're away from your computer.

Maybe someone else who has both the 600 and 900 can make a better comparison but I have a feeling they both might be the same except for the fonts used on the 900 whch I read, from another thread, is better.

mokeiko
mokeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
It looks like the window is gone. Sony Style is once again showing a ship date of January 15. Congrats to all of you who took advantage of the short opportunity.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
Even though I like the sony 300 I just bought, I decided to order the 900 last night at 9p cst. I got an expected ship date of 12/28, and the site said the 900 was in stock. I was thinking it might not last long, but thohht it would last longer than it did. Now I just hope the 300 belongs to the 30 day return policy at best buy.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
Maybe someone else who has both the 600 and 900 can make a better comparison but I have a feeling they both might be the same except for the fonts used on the 900 whch I read, from another thread, is better.

mokeiko
I think I can put this to rest. :P

I've used both the 600 and 900, and the 900 has the same level of reflectivity (glare for some folks) as the 600. Identical screens.

But, the 900 has a 16-grey screen versus the 8-grey of the 505/600, which does help. The contrast is a bit better, and for those who play with images, the extra color depth is really noticeable.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I got a nice surprise today. I had ordered the 900 dec 24 at 9p, and got an expected ship date of Dec 28. Today at 2p, I got another email from Sony style saying that my order shipped today. Sine I pad the 21 bucks for expedited shipping, I wonder if there is a chance I get the 900 on Monday? I'm guessing it will be Tuesday, but one can hope. The tracking number I just got probably won't work until tomorrow or Monday.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote