Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Does the card with new firmware need to be empty of other files?

Do I need to clear out all other files from the SD card that I will use to load new firmware into my Astak PP? In other words, can I just put the .bin file containing the firmware, on an existing card that also has some books and mp3 files on it already, and will the firmware update then still work?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Do I need to clear out all other files from the SD card that I will use to load new firmware into my Astak PP? In other words, can I just put the .bin file containing the firmware, on an existing card that also has some books and mp3 files on it already, and will the firmware update then still work?
You do NOT need to clear out the card. Just put the file on the card following the instructions, and it will work with the other files on there also.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
You do NOT need to clear out the card. Just put the file on the card following the instructions, and it will work with the other files on there also.
Thanks, that's good.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
However don't have multiple copies of firmware upgrades on the card, not even in folders. Otherwise you can have any additional files you want.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
However don't have multiple copies of firmware upgrades on the card, not even in folders. Otherwise you can have any additional files you want.

Dale
Yep, I just overwrote the one file when I tried different firmware last night. Works well.
Advert