Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Sony Outlet Store Prices on Refurbs???

Anyone been to a Sony outlet store lately to check prices on refurbs of the 505 or 700? There's a store down on the Mexican Border in San Diego. They don't advertise prices so it will take a physical check. My guess is that we will see some great prices in the next month.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I agree with you.

And we already are seeing some bargains.

I wonder what those 700s will start going for....

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
bamboozled
bamboozled began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Compaq PPC
I called the sonystyle store in San Antonio (will be going there in late September). And asked him about refurbs ... he said the outlet store in San Marcos deals in refurbs. He checked their stock for the PRS-505 ... $279 for new in San Antonio or refurb for $269 (with only 90 days warantee) in San Marcus.

At least where I am concerned ... I'd rather get the new for $10 more with a longer warrantee.

I asked if he thought the price might come down once the 300 & 600 hit the shelves. He said the $279 was already a price drop for the 505 from the $299.

YMMV

Last edited by bamboozled; 08-11-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: clarification
bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
cab102361
cab102361 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Costco is a great place to purchase the e reader sony prs 505. Its not fabulously low priced however costco will take a return for double the manufacturers warranty time. So thats why I purchased mine there.
cab102361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
sircastor
Reader
sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.sircastor got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505
I talked to the Sony Style store clerk the other day. They were out of new 505s, but upon asking he told me they'd sell the floor models to me after they've been taken down for 40% off. It brings them to about $170.

I'm tempted. The devices are in good shape. I'm only concerned about the battery... still waiting to see if the 600 is enough to pull me in.
sircastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozled View Post
I called the sonystyle store in San Antonio (will be going there in late September). And asked him about refurbs ... he said the outlet store in San Marcos deals in refurbs. He checked their stock for the PRS-505 ... $279 for new in San Antonio or refurb for $269 (with only 90 days warantee) in San Marcus.

At least where I am concerned ... I'd rather get the new for $10 more with a longer warrantee.

I asked if he thought the price might come down once the 300 & 600 hit the shelves. He said the $279 was already a price drop for the 505 from the $299.

YMMV
I ordered a new red 505 from B&H in New York for a total of 256.10 ($249.95 + $6.15 shipping) I had considered calling the outlet but never got around to it. I also saved about $22 in sales tax. And a long drive as well.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote