Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I think it's a deliberate move by Amazon to keep their videos off of other mobile Android devices.
It sure seems to be, but doesn't make a lot of sense. Since they keep saying they're in the content business and that they're hardware only serves to sell that content you'd think that they wouldn't deliberately cut off a stream of content revenue.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It sure seems to be, but doesn't make a lot of sense. Since they keep saying they're in the content business and that they're hardware only serves to sell that content you'd think that they wouldn't deliberately cut off a stream of content revenue.
I think their reasoning has to do with device lock-in. With a Nexus, the average person is free to shop around for content. But with a Fire, they're pretty much locked into Amazon. So if Amazon videos are very important to someone, then chances are they'll buy a Fire instead; thereby ensuring 100% lock-in.

But hey, it's just supposition on my part. Who knows why they're keeping the last part of their ecosystem away from other Android users.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
With chrome now the default, I am using Puffin obtained from the Nook store and playing the videos via Amazon website.

Last edited by robertc88; 05-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #19
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
The NEXT Browser also has Flash and will play Amazon Instant Videos. I've found that it's best to start the whole process off is by holding the Nook HD in landscape mode to start with when running AIV. That way there's no problem with the controls being truncated. The NEXT Browser is available from Google Play.

I have an Acorn TV premium subscription for my Roku player and I can log in to Acorn TV online using the NEXT Browser and watch those videos on it.

Last edited by Xanthe; 06-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote