Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 05:32 PM   #1
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
kindle mounting read-only on linux mint system

I am encountering a problem today that my pw4 is mounting read-only on my linux mint system. I have tried restarting the PW4, but that makes no difference. the mount command shows:

Code:
dhdurgee@z560:~/Downloads$ mount | grep /media/dhdurgee/Kindle
/dev/sdc on /media/dhdurgee/Kindle type vfat (ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks2)
dhdurgee@z560:~/Downloads$
Needless to say this is causing a problem using Calibre to add books. How do I fix this?

I do have usbnet installed and can ssh to the pw4 if more information is available from there or if the fix can be done there.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:19 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The EMMC on your PW4 might be worn out.

You can try enabling USBnet, ssh to the kindle, and try touch on a new or existing file somewhere in /mnt/us

Also try mounting the root filesystem "/" rw and creating a new file in /etc/or somewhere.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2024, 07:00 PM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The EMMC on your PW4 might be worn out.

You can try enabling USBnet, ssh to the kindle, and try touch on a new or existing file somewhere in /mnt/us

Also try mounting the root filesystem "/" rw and creating a new file in /etc/or somewhere.
I worked around this with a sftp mount of the kindle to which I was then able to copy the books using fcl.

I have not tried to use Calibre again with it plugged into the USB. Obviously I will do so the next time I want to copy a book over.

If it dosn't work at that time I guess I will check and see if there is a way for Calibre to use sftp to do its work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote