Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
linnygal
linnygal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help! Difficulties getting the Sony PRS 650

Hi guys, need some help here

I've been trying to buy the sony PRS650 from Borders.com but somehow they won't accept my order!
Is it because my credit card is based in Singapore??

*heart broken*
linnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Very possible. Borders may not ship internationally or may only accept U.S. credit cards.

You may want to check other sellers that may ship internationally using a non-U.S. credit card. The only one that comes to mind is B&H Photo and Video.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
You may also try services like USunlocked.com.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I've seen Adorama suggested in other threads too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
roobaroo
roobaroo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T1 (White)
Hi Linnygal, I'm from Singapore. I too tried using Borders but it seems that they donot accept non-US credit cards. In the end, I bought from amazon via comgateway. You can borderlinx or vpost also. BH&P shipping prices are a bit on the expensive side though.
roobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
linnygal

Thanks all for your suggestions!!
I'm going to give them a try - will update back once I've got the e-reader
Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
linnygal

Hi all,

My sony prs650 just arrived today! Am so excited... it is now charging...
I have finally manged to get a friend to help use her US credit card to purchse the reader from borders. We listed the Vpost shipping address as the mailing add. and it managed to arrive.

For Singaporeans looking to get the reader, Vpost is a quite efficient in their shipping services (I recieved the reader within 6 days after payment). Now with their concerige services, the purchase process might become easier.. although I have yet to try it.