Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Kindle Unlimited Availability

I live in Europe and can't get kindle unlimited on amazon.com site. I was wondering if I can get it via amazon.de even if I don't live in Germany?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
I live in Europe and can't get kindle unlimited on amazon.com site. I was wondering if I can get it via amazon.de even if I don't live in Germany?
Can you buy ebooks from Amazon.de? If not, then no. Most countries without their own Amazon store can't have the KU at all.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Q: Is Kindle Unlimited available to customers living outside the US?

A: Kindle Unlimited is currently available only to US customers on Amazon.com. Customers in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India, China, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Canada and Australia can sign-up for Kindle Unlimited in their local Amazon marketplace. We also plan to expand this service to other countries. Please stay tuned.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1002872331
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Yeah. They have planned to expand since the KU first launched, that's more than 5 years now, and still nothing.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Kindle unlimited cheats the Authors.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Kindle unlimited cheats the Authors.
No one forces them to join. It's voluntary.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:57 AM   #7
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That would preclude me from having KU on amazon.com. it doesn't mention if other countries can subscribe on other amazon, since as far as I know, amazon.de will sell to Austria or es to Portugal. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 10-31-2019, 02:07 AM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
That would preclude me from having KU on amazon.com. it doesn't mention if other countries can subscribe on other amazon, since as far as I know, amazon.de will sell to Austria or es to Portugal. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Have you tried to subscribe? That would be the easiest way to find out. After all, we don't know which country you live in.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:42 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
there is the VPN + fake address option, in a new amazon account ?
address being fake does not matter if you only buy digital goods.

in the UK, UK is frequently given away on repeat trials or at £1 for 3 months

A keep offering it so I keep taking it, then cancel before trial end. I have had 3 or 4 bites now, on the same amazon account.

i don't know if KU Uk is UK only or covers more of europe, suggest you ask amazon.

i thought ( could be wrong) that so long as UK still dithers about brexit and is still in EU, then the amazon digital services have to work for all of EU- so for example if i go to France with my tablet, I should still be able to watch prime video.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:01 AM   #10
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I live in Gibraltar Europe and have KU for a few years now, what I did was add a US address to my account, that simples lol
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:00 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Toxic and misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No one forces them to join. It's voluntary.
So is signing up to Prime. The fact is that Amazon has both misleading and pushy marketing on their pages. Most people don't realise what they are losing with KDP Select and how it's feeding a monopoly.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/1...ge_ux_badness/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a9178001.html
Old 10-31-2019, 06:05 AM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I live in Gibraltar Europe and have KU for a few years now, what I did was add a US address to my account, that simples lol
That's good to know. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:16 AM   #13
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
So is signing up to Prime.
That is a complete non-sequitur.
Kindle Unlimited has been running for five years. Perhaps don't assume that all the authors that have chosen to sign up and stay with it are too stupid to realise they are losing money?
You don't have to bash Amazon in every thread that mentions them.

Last edited by murraypaul; 10-31-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Removed sarky comment
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:20 AM   #14
danicca
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
That would be great! Was that with non US credit card and VPN or is everything the same?
Old 10-31-2019, 08:31 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I have a USA Kindle account. No credit card! No VPN!. They only care about address. Do use a different browser or delete cookies before logging in.

I use gift card transfer, but the Amazon gift credit MUST be bought on the site the recipient is going to use. Fortunately the gift credit can be purchased on any Amazon market place, even if you can't buy anything else on it.