Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #61
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That's not good. Theoretically, it should have displayed a custom message, which I added to the code in the last version.
I've looked into your code and found this:

Code:
      if returncode == 1 and 'EPUBCheck' not in stdout:
          QApplication.restoreOverrideCursor()
          QMessageBox.critical(self.gui, "Fatal Java error", stdout + '\n' + stderr)
          return
The problem is EPUBCheck produces a Summary even with the error. So your test won't pass the second condition.

If you let me, I have a suggestion to deal with the 32/64-Bit java versions:

Code:
      # check java version
      import subprocess
      check = subprocess.check_output(["java", "-version"], stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

# define epubcheck command line parameters
      if '64-Bit' not in check:
          args = [java_path, '-Xss1024k', '-jar', epc_path, '--version']
      else:
          args = [java_path, '-jar', epc_path, '--version']

P.S.: I've also tested on a PC with Windows 10 x64 and Java 32-Bit and the error happens. Looks like any PC with a Java 32-Bit may have this problem.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #62
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I've attached a new version bundled with EPUBCheck 4.2.2. to the first topic. Note that the new version has an auto-update feature. (It'll check the EPUBCheck Github website once a week and automatically download the latest version.)
For more information on how to customize or disable this feature, see the first post.

The new version should also automatically detect 32bit JVMs and adjust the stack size.

Last edited by Doitsu; 07-19-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #63
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
The auto-update feature is great! Thanks a lot.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I've attached a new version bundled with EPUBCheck 4.2.2. to the first topic. Note that the new version has an auto-update feature. (It'll check the EPUBCheck Github website once a week and automatically download the latest version.)
For more information on how to customize or disable this feature, see the first post.

The new version should also automatically detect 32bit JVMs and adjust the stack size.
Does the new version of the epubcheck plugin work with 32-bit JRM? The new version of epubcheck actually gives a warning about the stack issue with 32-bit JRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #65
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does the new version of the epubcheck plugin work with 32-bit JRM? The new version of epubcheck actually gives a warning about the stack issue with 32-bit JRM.
Quit abusing and torturing your JVM; give it the room it wants and run the 64 bit one.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #66
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does the new version of the epubcheck plugin work with 32-bit JRM?
It should work with 32bit JVMs, however, since I don't have access to one, I wasn't able to test this. Please post the text or a screenshot of the error message.

Also please check whether EpubCheck.json has an is32bit entry. If the JVM detection was uccessful, it should look like this:
Code:
  "is32bit": true,
(If the value is false, change it to true.)

If that entry is present, Java is invoked with the -Xss1024k parameter as per the recommendation of the EPUBCheck developers.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It should work with 32bit JVMs, however, since I don't have access to one, I wasn't able to test this. Please post the text or a screenshot of the error message.

Also please check whether EpubCheck.json has an is32bit entry. If the JVM detection was uccessful, it should look like this:
Code:
(If the value is false, change it to true.)

If that entry is present, Java is invoked with the -Xss1024k parameter as per the recommendation of the EPUBCheck developers.
Sounds like it should work. I can give it a try sometime this week. I have a computer that hasn't yet had Java installed. So I can install the 320bit version and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

What are the bug fixes and minor enhancements to version 0.2.0 and 0.2.1? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #69
Feldegast
Feldegast began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy s2
Hi with the introduction of the dark theme in Calibre the epubcheck result text is hard to read i use OSX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot%20epubcheck.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	175713  

Last edited by theducks; 12-19-2019 at 12:32 AM. Reason: attach oversized image
Feldegast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #70
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

I don't have access to my PC right now. I'll try to add dark mode support early next week.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I don't have access to my PC right now. I'll try to add dark mode support early next week.
Please also add Python 3 support for the the 4.99+ version. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

@Doitsu, I have found a bug.

When using dark mode with Calibre 4.7, the text from the epubcheck plugin is black on black. A fix would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #73
boomdoggy
boomdoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No results

Hi. I am using EpubCheck 0.1.3 in Calibre 4.9.1 on a Windows 7 machine. I have updated EpubCheck to later versions several times but I always go back to 0.1.3. The newer version seems to install, but when I try to use it to check a book I get no results. Is there some setting that I have missed? Also, is there an archive of old versions so I can figure out the latest version that works for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great plugin.
boomdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #74
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomdoggy View Post
Hi. I am using EpubCheck 0.1.3 in Calibre 4.9.1 on a Windows 7 machine. I have updated EpubCheck to later versions several times but I always go back to 0.1.3. The newer version seems to install, but when I try to use it to check a book I get no results. Is there some setting that I have missed? Also, is there an archive of old versions so I can figure out the latest version that works for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great plugin.
Add the following entry to your EpubCheck.json file or change its value to true.

Code:
{
  "locale" : "en",
  "clipboard_copy" : true,
  "usage" : false,
  "is32bit": false, 
  "github": true, 
  "check_interval": 7 
}
This should copy the EPUBCheck output to the system clipboard.

Run the EPUBCheck plugin and paste the results into your message (wrapped in spoiler tags).

Also try changing the following entry from:
Code:
to
Code:
This might fix your problem, if it's Java-related.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #75
boomdoggy
boomdoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I copied the json text into my EpubCheck.json file. I ran the plugin on a book. No results. Nothing in the clipboard. Now my json file looked like this:

Code:
{
  "check_interval": 7, 
  "clipboard_copy": true, 
  "close_cb": false, 
  "github": true, 
  "java_path": "java", 
  "last_time_checked": "2020-01-26 13:11:28.010000", 
  "locale": "en", 
  "usage": false
}

I changed the "is32bit" setting to true and ran it again. Still no results. Clipboard empty. I'm not sure if I posted the code correctly. These are my first posts here. Sorry. Thanks for your help
boomdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote