Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
ordered an oasis have i made mistake? kobo-voyage-oasis

i started off with a kobo aura, then a kobo glo hd, than the kobo aura one

i then thought i would try a kindle and started with a voyage (massive difference and easier to use, so thought i would stick to the kindle os)

the haptic buttons i thought were ok but not in the ideal position as i generally read at nighttime and fingers don't always hit the right bit. but i did like the fact they were on both sides.

i tried out an oasis in store only for a few minutes and like the 'proper buttons'
so i am going to sell my voyage and upgrading to an oasis (yet to recieve)

i did have an origami leather cover for the voyage but the magnets were strong enough would regularly fall out... im hoping the oasis will fare better

thanks
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:14 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Well if you trief the device and liked you should be fine.
I personally prefer the Voyage...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 05:31 AM   #3
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
i did have an origami leather cover for the voyage but the magnets were strong enough would regularly fall out... im hoping the oasis will fare better
The magnets are pretty strong. My Oasis has fallen out of its cover once, and that's when I carried it in an epically stupid fashion (opening the case and holding one edge of the cover-only side -- what did I *expect* would happen?). A mere fall from 1.5m onto concrete did it no harm at all: this thing is tough.

If you're carrying it with the cover closed, it won't fall out, even if the open end is pointing downwards.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And where on earth did you manage to see an Oasis in a store?? I've been trying to do that for ages ....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #5
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
And where on earth did you manage to see an Oasis in a store?? I've been trying to do that for ages ....
John Lewis UK

Just got mine
Need to order a case as it didn't come. With one.. Stupid amazon refurb
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It didn't come with the case that is part and parcel of its battery system??!? I'm shocked amazon would even sell it that way.

Unless you mean a further, outside shell or case. I would get a sleeve too, if I had an Oasis.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #7
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Quote:
John Lewis UK

Just got mine
Need to order a case as it didn't come. With one.. Stupid amazon refurb
Oh... wasn't the cover to come with the Oasis "compulsorily"? How much is it for the Oasis without the case?
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #8
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Quote:
the haptic buttons i thought were ok but not in the ideal position as i generally read at nighttime and fingers don't always hit the right bit. but i did like the fact they were on both sides.
I don't like the haptic buttons either. It is not positioned at the right place for me. I normally touch the screen to turn page. Since it got 4 buttons, plus screen touch to turn pages, I sometimes got confused that did I turned the page up or down.
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

No, no, no -- it's left or right, not up or down!

Like a book would be ....
Old 11-26-2016, 05:01 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You've made a mistake if you don't like it.

You've not made a mistake if you do like it.

It's about you, your money, your likes, and your use.

Next question, please, (but start a new thread).

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-26-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote