Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #31
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
sorted I think.
As I'd bought a 3rd tablet( fire HD 10) on black Friday i thought lets install to that and see if 2o out ot 3 sync. yes. so uninstalled and re-installed the odd one ouet. I think it is good now.
maybe I;d signed in inconsistently . i am now sticking to sign in with overdrive .y.e wilt email and passrod, not with library card. and sticking withl libby only , removing overdrive android app.
I'd still like to use my fonts though, - caecelia, bookery etc, I can get them into moon & bookari but not into libby
and if my read progress is in a cloud somewhere I would like to to know where, and who sees it. [ so I know what books NOT to checkout to avoid having a swat team and bomb disposal unit on the doorstep ]. actually I am not that paranoid but there must be some cloud storage of "my" details going on & I did not notice the bit where i consented to that.
of the reader setting options I have gone for customise, justify , sans serif, and sepia background, line height 2, and 2 column landscape. that is reasonably close to my kindle reader and moon+ settingsm except that I prefer a green background.
It was not at all obvious how to do highlights & notes. I thought that was not supported, but as the blurb says otherwise I poked around until something worked !
if they keep enhancing it it has potential to become a favorite app, it certainly makes picking and reading library books very very simple on tablet, and less tedious than waking through the drek that is Kindle unlimited. ( KU have given me another 3 month free trial - that's my 3rd! - I think they are getting desperate - but so hard to find stuff. can't trust the reader reviews as we know they are very spammed and bot driven... )
also 1st imressions of the fire 10 as a reader / streamer are good. I may put my classy old HDX 8.9 up for sale as i don't need all of its bells and whistles... [PMs welcome ]

Last edited by stumped; 12-02-2017 at 09:45 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote