Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #31
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I mean that whole thing about descendants, death (or lack thereof), etc.

It's also starting to look like you really favor perpetual copyright, since you're trying to annoy as many people as possible and make the whole "end of copyright" thing look ridiculous. You're beginning to remind me of the kind of person who wins an election by hiring a bunch of unwashed winos to hand out his opponent's campaign literature. If that's what you're doing, we're on to you; if that's not what you want, you're doing it wrong.
This is as good a spot as any to start ending copyright from, the industry isn't into it obviously, government is just an arm of industry, academia understands the problem but for various reasons doesn't want to do anything about it. So it falls to us, the readers, to imagine a new system where copyright simply becomes irrelevant.

I wouldn't say I'm doing it wrong though, still too early to tell wouldn't you agree?

We aren't talking about a system where piracy runs rampant and artists are never paid, we are imagining a system where piracy is obsolete and artists are always paid, this system requires copyright to be abolished and allows the free flow of all content between all users.

When you start to think of yourself as a very complicated virus, and thoughts as a way for your particular strain to propagate, things start to get a little weird.

Last edited by Giggleton; 04-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote