Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-26-2024, 09:15 AM   #1
moltra
moltra began at the beginning.

Device: Droid X
Title from PDF filename and cover from metadata

I found this in an old thread from 2013. I cannot find anything on how to do this and if I change to use the filename, the cover is blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I've never heard of a book collection with internal metadata where the internal metadata has incorrect title and author and correct everything else. The only case I've ever heard of for doing this is getting the metadata from the filename and the cover from inside the file, which calibre does support.
moltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 09:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply get the cover after importing the file which you can do either one book at a time via the edit metadata dialog, or in bulk via the bulk metadata dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 11:18 AM   #3
moltra
moltra began at the beginning.

Device: Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Simply get the cover after importing the file which you can do either one book at a time via the edit metadata dialog, or in bulk via the bulk metadata dialog.
I have tried this, but I do not see the cover in on the edit metadata screen.
moltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by moltra View Post
I have tried this, but I do not see the cover in on the edit metadata screen.
Click the button with the blue cover icon on it in the top right aread of that dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote