Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #76
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Any promotional spam in this thread will get you banned.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #77
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
The Harry Potter series: this is a tragedy. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I would agree with To Kill a Mockingbird and Harry Potter books. Almost sold my ereader in anger when I discovered they weren't available. Gimme a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper10 View Post
- the Harry Potter series, even though I do have them in hardback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
For me also the Harry Potter books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by J.K. Rowling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Harry Potter Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I don't suppose there's any hope wishing but here's a recent list of books I've tried to buy but found them unavailable in eBook form.

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling...
I am surprised by all of these comments about Harry Potter not being available. For Kindle you can get them from Pottermore via links from Amazon or, if you don't want to purchase them outright, they are available from Amazon's Kindle Unlimited service, in the Kindle Owner's Lending Library (Amazon Prime benefit) or from many libraries in e-book form (I read them from my library last year). You can also get them through Pottermore in ePub formats. What am I missing here? This doesn't look like a geo-restriction issue (for several people above at least) so I am confused.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #78
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I am surprised by all of these comments about Harry Potter not being available. For Kindle you can get them from Pottermore via links from Amazon or, if you don't want to purchase them outright, they are available from Amazon's Kindle Unlimited service, in the Kindle Owner's Lending Library (Amazon Prime benefit) or from many libraries in e-book form (I read them from my library last year). You can also get them through Pottermore in ePub formats. What am I missing here? This doesn't look like a geo-restriction issue (for several people above at least) so I am confused.
Look at the dates on the posts. A spammer resurrected a dead thread to plug a book he's publishing.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #79
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Look at the dates on the posts. A spammer resurrected a dead thread to plug a book he's publishing.

Thank you, issybird.

I think Dazrin may be a bit red.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 08-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #80
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is why I shouldn't post when distracted by other things. Oops.
Advert
Old 08-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #81
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This is why I shouldn't post when distracted by other things. Oops.

You should see some of the things I've done.

But then again, maybe not!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #82
Dazrin
Wizard

I think we can all relate to that.

On the other hand, issybird managed to answer this question I had quite succinctly.
Quote:
... What am I missing here? ...

Last edited by Dazrin; 08-10-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: This thread is not my friend. :(
Old 08-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #83
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Hey, it might be fun to go through the thread and see how many books mentioned finally made it to legit ebooks. I still have a list of perhaps 30+ that I want but that's much smaller than my wish list back in 2010.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #84
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Hey, it might be fun to go through the thread and see how many books mentioned finally made it to legit ebooks. I still have a list of perhaps 30+ that I want but that's much smaller than my wish list back in 2010.
The five I listed in the OP are all now available. There are others I wish were available digitally, but I haven't really been keeping a list.

There are some old WWII books I'd love to see digitally, to name a couple...

Twelve O'Clock High by Sy Bartlett & Beirne Lay Jr.

Those Devil's in Baggy Pants by Ross S. Carter

(and hopefully not at the high prices Naval Institute Press is charging for a few other oldies)

Last edited by AnemicOak; 08-10-2015 at 06:19 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #85
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think we can all relate to that.

On the other hand, Nyssa managed to answer this question I had quite succinctly.
Nyssa might not appreciate being confused with me, similar sibilant notwithstanding.

I don't think this is your thread!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #86
Dazrin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Nyssa might not appreciate being confused with me, similar sibilant notwithstanding.

I don't think this is your thread!
I guess not. Sorry! Time for me to leave. <- I deserve that.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #87
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I nominate this as the funniest thread of the week.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:09 AM   #88
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The five I listed in the OP are all now available. There are others I wish were available digitally, but I haven't really been keeping a list.

There are some old WWII books I'd love to see digitally, to name a couple...

Twelve O'Clock High by Sy Bartlett & Beirne Lay Jr.

Those Devil's in Baggy Pants by Ross S. Carter

(and hopefully not at the high prices Naval Institute Press is charging for a few other oldies)
Many of WW II books haven't made it yet, especially some of the WW II tactical and strategic analysis books (think Liddel Hart).
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #89
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I'm listening to The Duke's Children by Anthony Trollope and while looking up some background info, discovered that a couple of years ago a restored version adding 65,000 words or over 25% of its length was published, based on the original manuscript and cuts made by Trollope. The rediscovered version is both funnier and darker, apparently.

And... no ebook. I'd love to read this in conjunction with the audiobook, but I'm not sure I feel like going the paper route.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #90
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Usha Jain's Hindi Grammar series and Terry Jones' Who Murdered Chaucer are three books I'd love to have available in digital format