Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-05-2022, 03:23 PM   #39136
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What's your opinion? Couldn't find any around me, but I was curious.

Brewdog's Elvis Juice. A grapefruit infused IPA.
Quite drinkable - esp. in warm/hot weather - spicy vanilla nose, fruity palate, and very strong spicy rye finish. They added rye mash to Johnnie Walker Black blends - very smooth and light.
Fine to sip neat and mixes well with club soda for a refreshing highball. I'm becoming more interested in exploring rye whiskey - any recommendations? I'm partial to very spicy, dry whiskeys.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:08 PM   #39137
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm becoming more interested in exploring rye whiskey - any recommendations? I'm partial to very spicy, dry whiskeys.
A negative recommendation for Fireball Cinnamon Whisky (technically not a whisky since only 33% ABV). The kids liked it in their early twenties and then moved on. Probably better than the rage for Prince of Denmark Cherry Wine when I was that age.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2022, 05:30 PM   #39138
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'm becoming more interested in exploring rye whiskey - any recommendations? I'm partial to very spicy, dry whiskeys.
Did you try the Bulleit Rye? Can't say I was overly fond of it, but it would definitely qualify as dry and spicy, I think.

I may have mentioned Basil Hayden's Dark Rye in the habit past. I liked it a lot, but it doesn't fit the spicy/dry bill at all.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:32 PM   #39139
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Zero sugar vanilla coke. It's been about 2 years, so I'm happy to have it back.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:57 PM   #39140
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Did you try the Bulleit Rye? Can't say I was overly fond of it, but it would definitely qualify as dry and spicy, I think.

I may have mentioned Basil Hayden's Dark Rye in the habit past. I liked it a lot, but it doesn't fit the spicy/dry bill at all.
Haven't tried Bulleit yet - I now remember you mentioning it before - I'll add it to my "to do" list
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2022, 07:10 PM   #39141
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Just starting my last tea of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Zero sugar vanilla coke. It's been about 2 years, so I'm happy to have it back.
I've been known to put a little vanilla extract into my Coke Zero.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:51 PM   #39142
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
....I've been known to put a little vanilla extract into my Coke Zero.
I tried that and it just wasn't the same. Better than nothing, but I am glad to have the "real" thing back :-)

Currently drinking a store brand diet orange soda.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:58 AM   #39143
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Flavoured water over ice cubes. Vaguely fruity is the best way to describe the flavour.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:20 PM   #39144
Bookstooge
Guru

diet root beer. Wouldn't want to make an icecream float with the stuff but for drinking, it's better than going without...
Old 06-10-2022, 07:06 PM   #39145
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
A pint of Belhaven Black. I had never had stout before. I find the flavor kind of smoky and the texture somewhat creamy. Not bad at all.
guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 12:01 AM   #39146
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
It's Friday Night, so it's Talisker and Pizza Night!
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:50 AM   #39147
Bookstooge
Guru

Got a cup of Reign White Gummy Bear filled with ice. Sipping that, that's a great way to wake up. Nothing like 300mg of caffeine to give you a kick
Old 06-11-2022, 04:54 PM   #39148
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Iced coffee. Not really warm enough but it's the middle of June.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:04 PM   #39149
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Iced tea and cranberry juice.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:40 PM   #39150
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Last tea of the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?