Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 12:52 PM   #901
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
JB still works.
Thank you, confirm success on sn: G8S0 PP
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #902
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Is there anybody available to send over the "material" needed? I have the instruction 'cause I jailbroke a kindle in the past but I no longer have all the stuff needed, and ilovejedd is currently busy... My friend is pushing me.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #903
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Hello, I have been following Ilovejedd instructions, but after having done step 1 successfully (applying the first file, I'm not being more specific because this forum is public), the kindle reboot's as expected and shows what it is supposed to show, however it is no longer visible among the usb devices, so that I can't continue with step 2.
Does anybody have any suggestion please?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #904
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I just replied to a bunch of PMs but my browser crashed in the middle so I don't know if I missed anyone.

If I did, just PM me your device info again. Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:16 AM   #905
rodrigoremolli
rodrigoremolli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 4 10th Generation
Confirmed JB on PW4 5.12.4.

Thanks very much, ilovejedd and all the team involved.

rodrigoremolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 08:42 AM   #906
WhizzWr
WhizzWr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
I just replied to a bunch of PMs but my browser crashed in the middle so I don't know if I missed anyone.

If I did, just PM me your device info again. Thanks!
I might be one of the unlucky ones, 😅 still waiting for the second PM.

Anyhow thanks for making JB possible for the community!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
WhizzWr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #907
serpole
serpole began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoremolli View Post
Confirmed JB on PW4 5.12.4.

Thanks very much, ilovejedd and all the team involved.

confiermed on 5.12.2 also
serpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:34 PM   #908
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PSA

There's an issue with the method I have for Mac users (PW4 won't reconnect to Mac via USB after one of the steps). Please make sure you have access to a Windows or Linux PC before sending me a PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:59 AM   #909
dante326
dante326 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Just replied to a bunch of PMs.

If I missed anyone, please PM me with your device info again.
I have just sent you the device information yesterday, please help me.
Thank you so much.
dante326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #910
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante326 View Post
I have just sent you the device information yesterday, please help me.
Thank you so much.
PM sent.

I'd like to re-emphasize the following part from this post:

Don't expect immediate replies to your PM. I don't spend my entire time waiting for PMs from MobileRead. Even when I'm browsing the site, I'm often browsing via mobile device where sending instructions is a major pain so I typically wait to reply until I'm in front of keyboard and mouse. I usually respond within 4 days so be patient and wait a week or so. If there's no reply by then, feel free to follow up.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #911
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

G8S16T Twilight Blue, 8GB, WIFI
Old 11-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #912
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Still not an issue, only the bold segment of the S/N on the Wiki table matters .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #913
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Still not an issue, only the bold segment of the S/N on the Wiki table matters .
If you don't mind I've added them to the wiki, as users are asking about.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #914
CanalMinus
CanalMinus began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon PW4
JB on PW4 with fw 5.10.3 done without problems.

CanalMinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #915
dante326
dante326 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
My KPW4 is JB, can I restore JB after upgrading to version 5.13.3?
dante326 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw4