Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
kwhit
kwhit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 2
Calibre- Purchased kindle content is not opening on my device

I recently received a bunch of free books. A lot of them had issues with the titles and authors. I downloaded Calibre so I could A)organize and B)change metadata. I have two kindles, a kindle keyboard and a kindle 2. My kindle keyboard has been having a lot of issues(this is my forth one due to freezing issues) so I wanted to try to basically F disk it, and then reload the books. Everything I have read on Calibre has said that there shouldn't be a problem with that and that it is actually what Calibre was designed for, ebook management.
My problem is when I reloaded the books onto my kindle. Some, but not all of my amazon purchased books will not open. It gives me this message "This item cannot be opened because it is licensed to a different user. Delete the item and re-download it from your archived items or purchase a copy from the kindle store." I did buy these books, and have over 2,000 books. I really, really do not want to have to re-download all of these. Plus it completely defeats the purpose of Calibre if I can only use Calibre for non-amazon purchased content. I did notice that I couldn't open any of my amazon purchased books on calibre, but I thought that was just a quirk and since my device is registered to the account which purchased the books, it would work on my device.

Any one have any advice on how I can read my books on my kindle?
kwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Amazon DRM is not account specific, but device specific. ie if you download a book on your Kindle 2 and then copy the file to your Kindle Keyboard, it won't work.

The best solution is to remove the DRM. We can't talk about that here, but Google for "Apprentice Alf".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre