Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #16
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
Found a new workaround for the book import issue. If you cannot import books correctly in Marvin via Airdrop, or Dropbox or even iTunes file sharing...you need to reboot your device for it to correctly import the ebook. I just tested this theory out and it confirms my suspicion there is something wrong with the software code in Marvin that's preventing it from importing correctly.

However, this problem does NOT happen on devices that are prior to the iPhone 8 series. Anything prior to the iPhone 8 will not have any import problems. This is localized to the iPhone 8. However I have not tested this fully on the iPad since I still only have the iPad Air 2 model.
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #17
Spfamy1
Connoisseur
Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Spfamy1 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: iPhone 6s Plus
I can now confirm this issue is NOT related to the iPhone X or iPhone 8.0 models. This is a software issue that needs a fix as soon as possible. I can say this with certainty because I’ve just tested this on my iPad Air 2 and finally experienced the same problem. When I tried to Airdrop a book I had on my iPhone 8.0 plus I was getting the dreaded black circle endlessly saying “importing” and if I clicked on the cancel button it would NOT obey my request to stop the operation. If you experience this issue…you must immediately go to Settings and scroll down to Marvin and on the right tap on the option to “override impending import”. This will fix the problem TEMPORARILY. Because then when you launch Marvin the black cricle saying “importing” is gone and you’ll have access to your ebook library. However, I have since discovered the ONLY way to successfully import books onto your iOS device is to reboot it before importing the ebook. For some unknown reason only by rebooting your device does Marvin successfully import books normally from Dropbox, Airdrop or iTunes file sharing.
Spfamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #18
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spfamy1 View Post
...When I tried to Airdrop a book I had on my iPhone 8.0 plus...
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot. I am a little concerned though that it happens when there is still an iPhone 8 in the mix. That could still indicate a hardware issue rather than a software issue.

Do you still get the problem when trying to airdrop from something other than an iPhone 8, or do you know someone else with an iPhone 8 that you can use to test to see if it is just your particular phone?? Maybe take it to the apple store and use one of their display models to test...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote