Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #256
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
@NullNix
How to apply your command line patch?
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:12 AM   #257
mitra
Connoisseur
mitra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Custom column in calibre for hypenated books not showing up.

The hypenation goes through well but the column is not able to pick the tag of hypenation.

I have created a custom column "hypenated" for this and have typewritten exactly in lower bottom of settings of hypenate this plugin.

Still I am getting error.

Spoiler:
Hyphenation of the book "Better" starting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.workers.hjob", line 153, in _setCustomCol
KeyError: 'hypenated'
Value could not be set to column hypenated.

Last edited by mitra; 02-23-2016 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Spoiler corrected
mitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #258
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I have installed this plugin and am attempting to use it with books I am reading on my KT2. I have a particular book that does not seem to be processing correctly. This book was originally in .mobi format, so I had to convert it to .azw3 before using the plugin. When I run the plugin it appears to complete normally, but when I load the book on my KT2 it does not appear to be hyphenated.

How can I determine what is going on here? Is there a "debug log" I can inspect? Can I confirm that hyphenation was done properly by inspecting the book in the editor? Thank you for your guidance in this area.

Dave

PS: found the problem, Calibre had copied the .mobi file as opposed to the .azw3 file over

Last edited by dhdurgee; 02-24-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: add postscript
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:53 AM   #259
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
I just tried this plugin with 2 german dictionaries. They just seem to not change my text at all. I can't find any soft-hyphen being added to my text.

Any hint what I can do to find what's causing the problem?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #260
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
just tried it works fine thanks !
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #261
naki
naki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi! Thanks for writing this plugin that makes books display much more beautifully on kindles! I noticed that hyphenating an azw3 file removes ligatures

For example, the character fi (unicode U+FB01), which normally appears with the f connected to the dot of the i (with recent firmware and Bookerly font), display as separate two letters fi after hyphenating the azw3

Same for the ligatures ff, ffi, etc.. as well as with the font Caecilia Condensed (albeit less obvious). They are displayed as separate letters ff, ffi, etc... after hyphenating.

Is this an intended behaviour of the plugin, or something else?
naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:53 PM   #262
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by naki View Post
Hi! Thanks for writing this plugin that makes books display much more beautifully on kindles! I noticed that hyphenating an azw3 file removes ligatures

For example, the character fi (unicode U+FB01), which normally appears with the f connected to the dot of the i (with recent firmware and Bookerly font), display as separate two letters fi after hyphenating the azw3

Same for the ligatures ff, ffi, etc.. as well as with the font Caecilia Condensed (albeit less obvious). They are displayed as separate letters ff, ffi, etc... after hyphenating.

Is this an intended behaviour of the plugin, or something else?
What's happening is that soft hyphens are inserted in every word that could be hyphenated. Most likely what's happening is the letters that make up the ligatures are getting a soft hyphen breaking them up.

But I thought Kindles don't display ligatures unless your eBook was in KFX format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #263
naki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Most likely what's happening is the letters that make up the ligatures are getting a soft hyphen breaking them up.

But I thought Kindles don't display ligatures unless your eBook was in KFX format.
I see. Kindles (at least the PW3 and Voyage) are displaying ligatures in azw3, but it requires the newer firmwares and it only does it with the Baskerville, Bookerly, Caecilia and Caecilia condensed fonts.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #264
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It sounds like it doesn't work for my epub viewer (ADE). So after I convert an epub to azw3, I should run it on the azw3 file?

Last edited by phossler; 05-10-2016 at 01:43 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #265
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
It sounds like it doesn't work for my epub viewer (ADE). So after I convert an epub to azw3, I should run it on the azw3 file?
ADE doesn't need soft hyphens because ADE already hyphenates. As to KF8, yes, run this on your KF8 file if you want hyphens.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #266
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Are you sure that ADE automatically hyphenates? I checked several epubs that I did not use the PI on and there were no hyphenated words at the end of lines.

I did change the justifications to left if that makes a difference

I did use the PI on an epub and an azw3 file and the kindle does honor the soft hyphens

The Editor now has the wiggly line below correctly spelt words so I assume its reacting to the soft hyphens? But the funny thing is that the wiggly words do not show up in the Check Spelling function
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:59 AM   #267
naki

Quote:
Hi phossler, you can do either. Hyphenating a epub then converting it to azw3 works, hyphenating the azw3 works too.
I suspect your problem is with your viewer. Hyphenating an epub works, try the internal calibre E-book viewer instead of ADE, you'll see the hyphenation.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:51 AM   #268
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Are you sure that ADE automatically hyphenates? I checked several epubs that I did not use the PI on and there were no hyphenated words at the end of lines.

I did use the PI on an epub and an azw3 file and the kindle does honor the soft hyphens

The Editor now has the wiggly line below correctly spelt words so I assume its reacting to the soft hyphens? But the funny thing is that the wiggly words do not show up in the Check Spelling function
What version ADE are you using? ADE version 2 is where ADE started to hyphenate. I use an H2O and it does support hyphens. My ADE version is 2.0.1 and it does hyphenate as well. A lot of people who use Linux have stuck to ADE 1.7.2 because ADE 2.x is very hard to install.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:59 AM   #269
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by naki View Post
Hi phossler, you can do either. Hyphenating a epub then converting it to azw3 works, hyphenating the azw3 works too.
I suspect your problem is with your viewer. Hyphenating an epub works, try the internal calibre E-book viewer instead of ADE, you'll see the hyphenation.
Don't hyphenate the ePub. ADE does not work well with soft-hyphens. Wait until after you have converted the ePub to KF8 and then hyphenate the KF8. Kindles handle soft-hyphens very well.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:53 AM   #270
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:

As far as I know, left aligned text is not hyphenated.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hyphenation