Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #61
daveburns
daveburns began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
very cool!

I've gotten so tired of the dead authors lately that I've been considering doing some. I've never gotten around to it though and I'm not very creative.
Hi, just did the jailbreak hack. Very simple, kinda scary when re-booting...unsure if it is going to turn into a brick...lol. Just follow the instructions for the jailbreak and the screensavers. I found a site with tons of kindle screensavers.
http://kindlewallpapers.tumblr.com/

No more Emily Zombie staring at me. Friends were asking why I would put such ugly images on my e book. Then I explained there is no way to change them. Then I found this place.
daveburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #62
daveburns
daveburns began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowgungfu View Post
Nice thanks...just used the jailbreak and screenie hack....trying to find some decent screens now.

Ripped a few from here already...looking for some nice comic book ones.
Try this place, had a few comic book screens.

http://kindlewallpapers.tumblr.com/http://kindlewallpapers.tumblr.com/
daveburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #63
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveburns View Post
Hi, just did the jailbreak hack. Very simple, kinda scary when re-booting...unsure if it is going to turn into a brick...lol. Just follow the instructions for the jailbreak and the screensavers. I found a site with tons of kindle screensavers.
http://kindlewallpapers.tumblr.com/

No more Emily Zombie staring at me. Friends were asking why I would put such ugly images on my e book. Then I explained there is no way to change them. Then I found this place.
It seems like everybody wonders about that picture! My dad asked me about it today, and I've had two people ask me about it at school. Got a few questions about Charlotte Bronte too. Emily Zombie
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #64
quasiv
quasiv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New logo by Nina Paley for Readers' Bill of Rights, released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.

I just whacked on the attribution and inverted them. There are larger Reader, Author and Librarian versions in this flickr set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAD.png
Views:	347
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	68204   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAD_inverse.png
Views:	390
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	68205   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAD2.png
Views:	294
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	68206   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAD2_inverse.png
Views:	325
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	68207  
quasiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #65
fettpett
Enthusiast
fettpett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for this thread, I've been wondering about changing them since I got my Kindle a couple weeks ago....now to do the scary jailbreak/hack
fettpett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #66
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Does anyone have or know where I could get a high quality 800x600 version of this image?

TIA, xari.
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #67
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
Here is an album of all my screensaver images: http://chyron8472.imgur.com/32K76

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
Does anyone have/know where I can get an image of the Kindle boot screen? (not the one with the definition of kindle)

I like the clean look of it, with the Amazon Kindle logo at the top center (as my Kindle skin covers up the logo on the case)
I did find it. It is the book cover for the Kindle User's Guide. (see attached)

Most of the wallpapers I have are book covers from ebooks I have, but there are others than I edited myself from desktop wallpapers and such, or took from that tumblr.com site and added the border to it.

edit: I also attached the Homestar and Link screensavers here because I really like those.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kindle02.gif
Views:	553
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	68248   Click image for larger version

Name:	hstarr02.gif
Views:	392
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	68256   Click image for larger version

Name:	link05.gif
Views:	398
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	68257  

Last edited by chyron8472; 03-13-2011 at 04:10 AM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #68
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
I did find it. It is the book cover for the Kindle User's Guide. (see attached)
Thank you! I visited your link and really like your book cover screensavers. I'll have to create some for some of my favorite books, too!

I also posted about this image over on kindleboards, and a very nice poster named Jason was able to help me out as well.

I've attached the image he provided, if anyone is interested.

Thanks again! --xari.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KindleGrass.png
Views:	2170
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	68271  
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #69
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
It seems like everybody wonders about that picture! My dad asked me about it today, and I've had two people ask me about it at school. Got a few questions about Charlotte Bronte too. Emily Zombie
It's beyond me why they chose that picture of Dickinson when this one is so much more pleasing. Sigh...
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #70
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post
It's beyond me why they chose that picture of Dickinson when this one is so much more pleasing. Sigh...
Eeeeeeek! . Now I am going to have nightmares!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #71
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
She looks like Don Knotts.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #72
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Eeeeeeek! . Now I am going to have nightmares!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
She looks like Don Knotts.
Oooo-kay.... NOW maybe it's not

chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #73
Xiaopangzi
Enthusiast
Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Xiaopangzi 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: kindle k3, prs-t2
Cool

Here is my screensaver...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WenTong600x800.gif
Views:	571
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	68536  
Xiaopangzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #74
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
I've uploaded a few to my photobucket for another forum:
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...0Screensavers/

Almost entirely anime based. e-High Five for whoever can put a name to every one of them.

Just a few notes, normally I have my name written at the top left corner, it makes the border look a little less empty. The font on the bottom is not the original one since I like a cleaner look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	14 copy.png
Views:	270
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	68537   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 copy.png
Views:	250
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	68538   Click image for larger version

Name:	23 copy.png
Views:	263
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	68540   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 copy.png
Views:	259
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	68541   Click image for larger version

Name:	11 copy.png
Views:	240
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	68542  

Last edited by PharaohsVizier; 03-19-2011 at 01:39 AM.
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #75
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaopangzi View Post
Here is my screensaver...
Sumi-e is a great look!
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote