Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #1216
Packerfan
Packerfan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Samsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Press the details button to show the full message. There is a fair chance it will tell you what is wrong. Otherwise, post the full details so I can look at it.

URL: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 401
not authorized
<!-- This is a random-length HTML comment: wpkeieeansdovjdztnoqoqomurxcnpgwgaqtgdfifmvwfgzxyl pcezgphxhzllzdwokqfegelvkthyvetnpnimslvyptydoypjsz yocphbgbuzzseohrvaddigsbgtwkqxofcckghinmaipmqtqbcn wlyiyumlpbnmiwtgmdqwxfrcnayohzskesncpqenxrkhagswwe lnahpsoherzqhdtthcwhltswegftqmyadtqpbcncitzrozwnks lahgeglchsxgakwrinfyabhoojjcmswmvibluijxccpmhuorut pkfaglwznxcnjdnchjkpmvwrwxkwangjibjyekzehseolmrofs rohfpzddjmdfpmqhsjasporhuryoddbetarmmpivnyqtnrr -->
Packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #1217
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
URL: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 401
not authorized

<!-- This is a random-length HTML comment: wpkeieeansdovjdztnoqoqomurxcnpgwgaqtgdfifmvwfgzxyl pcezgphxhzllzdwokqfegelvkthyvetnpnimslvyptydoypjsz yocphbgbuzzseohrvaddigsbgtwkqxofcckghinmaipmqtqbcn wlyiyumlpbnmiwtgmdqwxfrcnayohzskesncpqenxrkhagswwe lnahpsoherzqhdtthcwhltswegftqmyadtqpbcncitzrozwnks lahgeglchsxgakwrinfyabhoojjcmswmvibluijxccpmhuorut pkfaglwznxcnjdnchjkpmvwrwxkwangjibjyekzehseolmrofs rohfpzddjmdfpmqhsjasporhuryoddbetarmmpivnyqtnrr -->
Have you authorised the plugin as described in the first post?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #1218
Packerfan

Quote:
Have you authorised the plugin as described in the first post?
Ughh...I don't think so. How do I do that?
Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #1219
Packerfan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
Ughh...I don't think so. How do I do that?
I figured it out....helps to go back and read the installation steps! Thank you for being patient with me.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #1220
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks, I just needed to know before doing any syncing.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #1221
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it at all possible to make all of the sync and add choices be drop down lists like the ones for tag matching?

I am spending WAYYYY too much time manually typing in each tag (current bookshelves, details, calibre library, etc.) and going back and forth making sure the sync and add tags are the same for various rules, and then making sure all of the tags are the same throughout. PLEASE, PLEASE fix it or help me figure out how to do it myself. Modifying the sync and add rules should have dropdown lists of available tags for the columns containing tags.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:04 PM   #1222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is it at all possible to make all of the sync and add choices be drop down lists like the ones for tag matching?

I am spending WAYYYY too much time manually typing in each tag (current bookshelves, details, calibre library, etc.) and going back and forth making sure the sync and add tags are the same for various rules, and then making sure all of the tags are the same throughout. PLEASE, PLEASE fix it or help me figure out how to do it myself. Modifying the sync and add rules should have dropdown lists of available tags for the columns containing tags.
Are you running the beta I posted recently? That should fix this. And for anything it doesn't, I need to know exactly what is missing. Where and when the drop-down is missing. It is probably a particular column type that isn't being handled properly.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 AM   #1223
Rellwood

Quote:
Are you running the beta I posted recently? That should fix this. And for anything it doesn't, I need to know exactly what is missing. Where and when the drop-down is missing. It is probably a particular column type that isn't being handled properly.
The one from May 11?

I just installed it, not sure if it's the same one I already have since I just added it from file and not the Calibre update.

Let me see how it works.

UPDATE: Yay..lt works :-) Now if only I can have multiple tag matching columns.

Last edited by Rellwood; 06-07-2019 at 12:45 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 06-07-2019, 12:50 AM   #1224
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
The one from May 11?
Yes, that's the one.
Quote:
I just installed it, not sure if it's the same one I already have since I just added it from file and not the Calibre update.

Let me see how it works.

UPDATE: Yay..lt works :-) Now if only I can have multiple tag matching columns.
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #1225
Rellwood

Quote:
Yes, that's the one.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Just a vague wish for the impossible. Multiple columns, multiple tags, all matching up to a single bookshelf. Over time those shelves and tags change and the books on Goodreads end up not being correctly shelved because old shelves got deleted or renamed and I didn't update them with current tags.

Is there anyway to sync only selected books and not a whole shelf? Not an upload/download tags, but like adding books being able to sync the books chosen.

I have way to many books to be syncing the whole library at once. I am just syncing primarily the exclusive shelves but they take too long.

Importing the .csv list isn't helpful for the rules associated with adding and syncing.

[UPDATE]

OK, that sync feature takes way too long with each book seemingly individually updating instead of the whole process happening at once.

I had to uninstall the plugin and put it aside. When I need to update the shelf rules I will use it, but for syncing and adding it won't be used.

Last edited by Rellwood; 06-08-2019 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 06-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #1226
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
I know I am being an idiot but can't think what setting is causing this, I use this to sync my reading date that I set in Calibre Companion but when I add to shelf and select the read shelf the date I have entered is replaced with today's date.

Any ideas what I have done wrong and how I can stop it changing the date I have entered?

Thanks
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #1227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
I know I am being an idiot but can't think what setting is causing this, I use this to sync my reading date that I set in Calibre Companion but when I add to shelf and select the read shelf the date I have entered is replaced with today's date.

Any ideas what I have done wrong and how I can stop it changing the date I have entered?
There is an option in the "Shelf add" actions to set the date read when adding to the shelf. Do you have this set for the read shelf? And do you have a column define for the date read? Those should be the options needed.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #1228
SASSBS
Connoisseur

Quote:
There is an option in the "Shelf add" actions to set the date read when adding to the shelf. Do you have this set for the read shelf? And do you have a column define for the date read? Those should be the options needed.
Ah thanks, I checked and the column is set to the column that holds my date read the value is today.

I am guessing that the value should be blank to stop it overriding the one I set when I sync to GoodReads?

thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #1229
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
Ah thanks, I checked and the column is set to the column that holds my date read the value is today.

I am guessing that the value should be blank to stop it overriding the one I set when I sync to GoodReads?
That is the date that the plugin should be sending to Goodreads. If you have that configuration, then you are explicitly saying, "When I add the book to the read shelf, set the date read to the value in this column." If you don't have these options set, or the date is not set in the column, then it should default to whatever Goodreads does when adding a book to the read shelf. And, from memory, Goodreads will set the read date to the current date when you do this.

And if you are setting the read date in the "Add to shelf" dialog, then it should also be updating the column in calibre. It should display the current value and allow you to modify it. Then updates GR and the calibre as needed.

Or have I missed what you are trying to do and what is actually happening?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 AM   #1230
SASSBS
Connoisseur

Hi Davidfor.

Thanks, that's not what I expected so my workflow is this:

* Open Calibre Companion and enter a date into a custom column called DateRead
* Eventually sync back to Calibre
* In Calibre Use a custom search to find any books read recently
* Highlight and click add to shelf.

I was expecting that this would then upload the book with the date I read, if you can help me get the settings I need to do this I would appreciate it.

Tags
calibre, goodreads