Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #31
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
received the cybook today. it really is the newer 400MHz model with firmware 1.4 923 and mobipocket reader version 6.0 build 70. So far it has worked like a charm. very responsive and seems quite stable...

kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #32
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Two months and six days later ...

Although, I have to be honest here. Exceptions either good or bad can occur at any company. It appears to me that most people (including me) report problems when they are initially trying to contact Bookeen about service. Once they get the go ahead for replacement, most users seem to report pretty quick replacement on Bookeen's part. Your situation is a bit out of the norm in that you already had agreement for a replacement, and they took some time to actually replace the unit. I suspect, it was due to circumstances beyond Bookeen's control, namely the stock-out, possibly compounded by the speculated vacation time in France.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Well,
I was travelling the last two days extensively by train and used the time in order to test the new cybook and its firmware. i read for about 16 hours, experiencing 12 (!!!) crashes where I had to restart the cybook via reset button because it wouldn't react to anything else. I was reading selfconverted html to mobi files, done via calibre. Needless to say I am very disappointed...
Old 08-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Well,
I was travelling the last two days extensively by train and used the time in order to test the new cybook and its firmware. i read for about 16 hours, experiencing 12 (!!!) crashes where I had to restart the cybook via reset button because it wouldn't react to anything else. I was reading selfconverted html to mobi files, done via calibre. Needless to say I am very disappointed...
This is precisely why we believe that Bookeen have not yet officially released this firmware version yet - it is unquestionably buggy.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #35
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

the problem is now that I can not revert to the official one ( build 796) and am left to deal with it...
well, at least the delete button works
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #36
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I found Mobi files made with Mobipocket Creator crashed less than those made with Calibre for me (buid 820)...
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote